HoYoverse promised that the new card game mode introduced to Genshin Impact would receive regular updates. Well, here they are. The 3.4 version is now introducing the first few changes to Genius Invokation TCG, and they are surprisingly quite positive for the game’s environment.
Not only are new cards being added, but a few balance changes are also being introduced into a few cards to keep them from stomping the whole metagame (sorry, Yoimiya, you just can’t have a win that easy). We’ll talk about all of them here.
All Updates to Genius Invokation TCG in Genshin Impact 3.4
It’s not the time for the announced big update to the game yet, but we got a few changes that are very welcomed to the game.
The first and most important update is the new Character cards introduced in this update: Klee and Beidou. After this update, both girls can be invited to The Cat’s Tail, and their cards are awarded by defeating them in a match.
The Fleeing Sunlight, also known as the most dangerous weapon of destruction in the game, got her own card which mimics her own gameplay by introducing a Charged Attack mechanic and leaving explosives in your opponent’s side of the field, opening windows for swift knockouts.
On the other hand, the Uncrowned Lord of the Ocean got a very defensive card that can be combined with other Shield generators such as Noelle to win in a slow-but-reliable strategy, or simply used to proc Electro-related reactions with her Burst.
A few character cards were hit hard with the big nerf hammer, but not enough to actually disappear from the game. Below are all the different interactions we got now in the game.
- Adjusts the number of charges and Elemental Dice required, as well as DMG dealt by the Elemental Burst for the Character Card “Yoimiya” in Genius Invokation TCG: the number of charges required has increased from 2 to 3, the number of dice required has increased from 3 Pyro Dice to 4, and “Deals 3 Pyro DMG…” has been adjusted to “Deals 4 Pyro DMG…”
- Adjusts the DMG dealt by the Elemental Skills “Blustering Blade” and “Frosty Assault” of the Character Card “Maguu Kenki” in Genius Invokation TCG: these two Elemental Skills will no longer deal DMG, and will only summon “Shadowsword: Lone Gale” and “Shadowsword: Galloping Frost,” respectively.
- Adjusts the effect of the Event Card “Minty Meat Rolls” in Genius Invokation TCG: this effect can now trigger up to 3 times.
- Adjusts the number of uses for the Team Combat Status “Catalyzing Field” in Genius Invokation TCG: the number has decreased from 3 to 2.
- Adjusts the number of Elemental Dice required for the “Floral Sidewinder” Talent Card in Genius Invokation TCG: the number required has been increased from 3 Dendro Dice to 4.
Yoimiya and Maguu Kenki were bonked the hardest. Yoimiya’s cost now makes most of her previous one-shot decks a lot slower than they were before, while Maguu Kenki will now struggle a little bit more for scoring those perfect numbers to knock one opponent out.
Collei also suffered a little bit with the reduction of the Catalyzing Field duration, which is her main purpose on decks. Her personal Talent Card also has an extra cost now, but she’s arguably still in a better spot than her fellow nerfed cards.
And finally, Minty Meat Rolls received a small buff, making decks that rely on Normal Attacks a little bit better. Yoimiya Decks usually run these, so it might also be another compensation for the nerf.
Some smaller changes that make the game more enjoyable overall (especially for console players) were also introduced.
- Adds a function to end turn using a controller when playing Genius Invokation TCG. While using a controller, when the cursor is hovering, hold the X button on the PC and PS4™ or the Circle button on the PS5™ to end the turn (using the Dualsense™ and DUALSHOCK®4 wireless controllers as examples).
- Adds L1 and R1 button prompts when using a controller to play Genius Invokation TCG (using the Dualsense™ or DUALSHOCK®4 wireless controllers as examples).
- Optimizes the appearance of some Character Card faces in Genius Invokation TCG.
- Optimizes the special effects of the shielding effects for cards when playing Genius Invokation TCG on mobile.
- Optimizes the animation effect when a new Character Card is played in Genius Invokation TCG.
And that’s about it! The game has amassed a small but dedicated community of theorycrafters and players who are constantly organizing their own tournaments, so it won’t seem like the game will be dead so soon. Let’s see what the future holds with the big updates coming up.