Right, let’s be honest: winning is fantastic, especially when you’re beating your friends. So if you’re lucky enough to own Sony’s new party brawler PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale you’ll probably want to know exactly how to kick ass and punish your peers. Luckily for you, we’re providing a fully-fleshed guide to winning with Jak and Daxter.
To begin with, we've got a quick summary of the characters taken straight from our eGuide but that's not all, see the links below and at the bottom of the page for an extensive guide to Jak and Daxter's combat.
Jak has a tough time when it comes to combos. He has plenty of Attacks that have nice AP gain, but linking them together is more difficult than you might think. Instead of being a combo-heavy character that rapidly gains AP, Jak is best played as a disruptive character. He should interrupt opponents as often as possible for a nice AP gain, and once he reaches Level 1, he should immediately get as close as he can to several other enemies and go for a multiple kill.
WHY IS JAK’S LEVEL 1 SUPER ATTACK PRECURSOR LEGACY THE SUPER ATTACK TO FOCUS ON?
- Precursor Legacy has a limited range but works well against aggressive characters.
- You can build up this Super attack with just a few short Combos.
- The trade-off in terms of time vs AP spent is reasonable, and this attack can be used several times in a single match as a result.
WHAT’S THE BEST WAY TO EARN THE 150AP THAT REACHING LEVEL 1 REQUIRES?
- Focus on hitting several characters at once for an AP bonus.
- Take advantage of Jak’s Daxter Spin Kick to earn a significant portion of the necessary AP in one attack.
- Keep a Gyro Buster deployed at all times for hands-free AP generation.
This gameplan meshes well with Jak’s Attacks. While Precursor Legacy has a narrow area of effect, it is especially effective when moving in on enemies from above. Leap into the middle of the fray and immediately try to activate the Level 1 Super attack. Building AP with Jak may go slowly, but once he has sufficient AP, he can be particularly talented in battle.
AT A GLANCE
Jak’s Gyro Buster is an autonomous drone that fires freely, awarding AP directly to Jak. Make sure to have Gyro Buster deployed at all times to gradually build up free AP.