Wild Hearts, the monster-hunting game developed by Omega Force, has been plagued with terrible PC performance since its release last week. Many players have been reporting poor optimization, framerate dips, and other bizarre bugs only seen in the video game industry. A new patch has been deployed by the team, which has addressed a number of the issues on PC.
Wild Hearts February 21 Patch Addresses Nasty PC Performance
The official Wild Hearts website announced a new patch on February 21, 2023, that addressed the following PC performance issues.
- Fixed an issue where certain high-end CPUs were being unintentionally capped. High-end PC’s should see some performance improvements now.
- Fixed an issue where some sounds were not playing or were being delayed, causing the audio to stack. This ‘audio stacking’ issue was also causing strain on players’ CPU. As a result of this fix, players should see performance improvements across the board. The workaround using 5.1/7.1 audio is no longer necessary on PC.
- Setting default resolution to 16:9 1080p on first boot. The recommended spec for WILD HEARTS is aligned to a 16:9 1080p display, for first time users this will now be the default setting. You can change this setting to the resolution of your choice in-game.
- Fixed render issue (disco lights) when using an AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX.
- Fixed an issue on the save/load screen that could result in corrupted save data.
The team is aware that the audio bug is also impacting Xbox and PlayStation players as well and is working on deploying a fix for them as soon as it’s ready. So while the PC versions are still being worked on to bring it up to par with the console releases, this is undoubtedly a massive step in the right direction.
Related: How to Get Pet Kemono Seeds in Wild Hearts
While the team isn’t done deploying fixes for the game, it’s nice to see them swiftly coming after the worst of the problems with the game.
There’s plenty to check out in Wild Hearts, and here at Prima Games, we have plenty of tips and tricks to slay all of the monsters you’ll come across. Here’s how to defeat the Lavaback in Wild Hearts.