PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds players have something to look forward to this week as the game welcomes the return of War Mode, a special challenge mode that gives players the chance to try out a different style of battle royale. Previously this mode has featured challenges with smaller circles, which made for some quick and intense game modes. This time around, though, the mode will welcome Huntsmen and Marksmen, a special mode focused around shotguns, pistols and sniper rifles.
The event kicks off today at 7PM PDT, and will run until July 8 at 7PM PDT, giving players a few days to dive in and get their fill of the new game mode. In Huntsmen and Marksmen, players will spawn in with a shotgun and a pistol. Airdrops are active as well, and players can find sniper rifles and DMRs in the airdrops. You’ll need to be quick on your toes to get one, though, as players will surely be rushing for them once the match begins.
Players can dive into the new War Mode by hopping into the queue, where they’ll fight to the death in a game featuring ten 5-man squads on Sanhok, the latest map to hit PUBG. You can check out the full rules of the event below.
WAR MODE – HUNTSMEN AND MARKSMEN EVENT RULES
- Each match takes place inside a small, static safe zone
- All players spawn with a shotgun, handgun, frag grenade, and bandages
- Care packages drop every 110 seconds and contain DMRs, SRs, and powerful items
- Eliminating an enemy earns your team 3 points, knocks earn 1 point
- Killed players respawn in planes that fly by every 30 seconds
- The first team to reach 200 points wins
- If no team reaches 200 points after 15 minutes, the team with the most points wins
- Friendly fire is disabled
LOOT SPAWN RULES
- Vehicles do not spawn
- World loot does not spawn
OTHER EVENT RULES
- Redzone is disabled
- Killer spectating is disabled
If you want to try out the new mode, hop into the queue and go ham. It will only run until July 8, so make sure you don’t miss out on this fun and challenging way to try to win a Chicken Dinner for yourself and your squad. You can also check out our PUBG guide for more helpful content and be sure to check back often for the most up to date content surrounding PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds.