Fortnite is constantly adding new skins, seasons, and game modes to the ever-evolving world Epic Games has created. This time around, Fortnite is getting a brand-new game mode that might seem familiar to some. Fortnite Impostors is a social deduction game very similar to Among Us, Werewolf, and Mafia.
Try Not to Be Suspicious In The New Fortnite Impostors Mode
Fortnite had a similar mode called The Spy Within, which was a custom game mode available for a limited time last year, however, Impostors is much more fleshed out and offers brand-new environments as well as mechanics.
Impostors in this mode have a few tools at their disposal.
- Disable Assignments - Temporarily freeze progress on all Assignments, buying you precious time.
- Teleport Players - Relocate all Agents and Impostors to somewhere else on The Bridge, covering your tracks.
- Peely Party - For a short time, all Agents and Impostors look like Peely so you can blend in with the crowd!
If you’re not an Impostor then you’ll be tasked with doing different activities around the map and completing them before the Impostor kills everyone around. Remember, you’ll need to play trustworthy as an Agent so the Impostor doesn’t try to throw you under the bus.
You can play both in matchmaking and in private lobbies if you have the party to do it. Impostors support up to 10 players. If you have eight or more players in a lobby you will be auto-assigned two Impostors to deal with.
Here are some more details straight from the Fortnite website.
“Players can queue up with any party size and any remaining slots will be filled. To keep gameplay fair and fun, public voice chat is disabled in Impostors but you can still talk in party chat; use Emotes and the Quick Chat menu to communicate with all players.”
You can check out a quick trailer for the game mode below.
- What Are Cosmic Chests in Fortnite?
- Wonder Woman Lands In Fortnite This Week
- Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 7 | How to Get and View Free Guy Quests
Are you interested in playing Fortnite Impostors? Be sure to let us know on the official Prima Games Twitter and Facebook pages.
Update: This article has been updated to reflect that Fortnite Impostors is a permanent game mode and not limited time.