If there is ever a reason to get back into Team Fortress 2, Halloween is it. Every year the Team Fortress 2 Halloween event is one of the best things in the PC gaming scene (fight me) and this year is no different.
With new community maps, spooky Halloween-inspired cosmetics, and special Halloween activities, Scream Fortress XI is where it's at.
According to Valve:
- Featuring 2 new community maps: Laughter and Precipice
- Added the Spooky Spoils Case
- Contains 22 new community-created cosmetic items that make-up the Spooky Spoils Collection
- Has a chance to give one of 5 new community-created Halloween-restricted items as a bonus item
- Has a chance to give a taunt Unusualifier as a bonus item
- Added 20 new community-created Unusual effects
- 12 new effects for Unusual hats
- 8 new effects for Unusual taunts
- All players who launch the game will receive a Soul Gargoyle if they don't already have one
- Grants access to Merasmissions and Halloween item transmutations
- Tracks Merasmissions completed and souls collected
- All Halloween Contracts have been reset, allowing them to be completed again
- Completing a Halloween Contract will give players a classic Halloween item and the chance for a Spooky Spoils Case
- Continue last year's event by collecting the souls of dead players for your Soul Gargoyle by killing enemies, doing map objectives, or collecting the Soul Gargoyles that spawn in the maps
- All cases will grant Halloween 2019 Unusual effects instead of their normal Unusual effects during the event
- Join Halloween matches by using the Special Events category in Casual
- Scream Fortress XI runs through November 7th, 2019
If not for you, do it for the sweet Soul Gargoyle you can get simply by logging in. It's the best time of the year - again, fight me - and sometimes you just gotta get into the festive spirit with some of your favorite games.
As for the Team Fortress 2 Halloween event, it's now live on Steam! Happy gaming!