Before the recent 7.1.0 Patch hit Dead by Daylight, it was incredibly rare to see a Sadako main in the game. But now, thanks to a complete rework of her abilities and skills, it seems that Sadako has gone from the bottom of the barrel to the top of the food chain. After watching players struggle to earn even one Condemed kill in a match to absolutely decimating full teams of highly skilled Survivors, I think we all need to get a few games in before she’s nerfed once again.
Sadako Is More Sadistic Than Ever Before In Dead By Daylight
As we mentioned in our DBD 7.1.0 Patch Notes, the Onryo had received quite the stack of improvements, including the following:
- Projecting to a TV now applies ¾ of a stack of Condemned to all Survivors not carrying a Cursed Tape (was 1 stack to nearby Survivors).
- The time a TV is disabled after The Onryo Projects to it has been reduced to 45 seconds (was 100 seconds). This can be further reduced using Add-ons.
- The time a TV is disabled after a Survivor removes the Cursed Tape has been increased to 70 seconds (was 60 seconds).
- Projection now has a 10 second cooldown. Since there is no longer a range limit on the Condemned effect, a limit is required for how frequently this can happen.
- Getting hit with a Basic Attack while carrying a Cursed Tape applies 2 stacks of Condemned, and the tape is destroyed.
- Being hooked while holding a Cursed Tape destroys the tape.
- Holding a Cursed Tape no longer passively builds Condemned.
- Cursed Tapes can now be placed in any TV other than the one they were retrieved from.
- The Onryo can no longer be stunned while Demanifested.
- Chases are prevented when Demanifested, making it more difficult to keep track of The Onryo’s position.
- Demanifesting now removes Bloodlust, similar to other Killer Powers.
- Videotape Copy: TVs used for Projection turn back on 10 seconds sooner.
- Cabin Sign: TV turn on time after a teleport is reduced by 4.5 seconds.
- Well Stone: TV turn on time after receiving a tape is reduced by 7 seconds.
These fixes basically changed her entire being from low-grade Killer to top of the class, graduating with Honors and Valedictorian. However, this wasn’t always the case. Before the Public Release of this new build, players on sites like Reddit were worried that these changes would make Sadako even worse than before, but the piper is here, and she’s happy to show you what she can do.
In the video above, plenty of examples can be seen of how much Sadako has improved in the recent patch, making her easily one of the highest-ranking killers currently available in the game. Not only have her powers increased, but her Chase is more terrifying than ever, due to the complete removal of Pallet Stuns when she’s in her Demanifested state. In the right hands, she can be downright brutal to counter and can lead to an absolutely abysmal time for Survivors.
It’s hard to say how quickly Sadako is going to be nerfed once again, but for the time being, Sadako mains are eating good. Maybe when the fix for the Cenobite goes live, a few nerfs may fall into the lap of our favorite Ring character, but until then, I’m going to farm for some Bloodpoints. If you want to find out the best survivors to prestige that may give you a bit of a competitive edge against her, be sure to check out our Dead by Daylight Section below to get more content and tips about your favorite multiplayer game.