Harmonix announced today that Rock Band 4 and all of it’s DLC will be coming to the next generation of consoles! This is excellent news for anyone who wants to keep rocking with their friends.
Rockband 4 will be available on day 1 for Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5. You will be able to use your old instruments and compatible peripherals with these next-gen versions. All you have to do is plug-in and start playing.
Transferring your save data is simple. All you have to do is take advantage of cloud saves on either console or use a hard drive to transfer over your files. Will these new versions of the game receive any benefit from new hardware?
The Harmonix website states the following.
“You’ll notice a pretty sizable performance increase on both consoles, especially with load times. Getting into gameplay has never been faster, even with large library sizes! Both the new Xbox and PlayStation consoles are on par with each other when it comes to load times. Impressive across the board.”
One other small note for PlayStation 5 users. Rock Band 4 will automatically detect the microphone on the DUalsense controller as the default. If you want to use a USB powered mic, you’ll have to go into the system settings and swap to that for the game to recognize it. Not a huge issue, but one Harmonix felt like it should point out.
- Sony Finally Details PS4 Backward Compatibility on PlayStation 5
- Looter-Shooter Outriders Delayed Until 2021
- Live-Action Adaptation of Kingdom Come: Deliverance In The Works
Harmonix has been hard at work testing various instruments to make sure they work on these next-gen versions of the game. Here is a current list of what is known to work. If you don’t see your favorite instrument, don’t worry, as this is not a final list.
- Mad Catz RB4 Fender™ Stratocaster™ Guitar (Xbox)
- Mad Catz RB4 Drums (Xbox)
- PDP RB4 Fender Jaguar™ Guitar (Xbox)
- PDP RB4 Drums (Xbox)
- Mad Catz RB4 Fender Stratocaster Guitar (PS4)
- Mad Catz RB4 Drums (PS4)
- PDP RB4 Fender Jaguar Guitar (PS4)
- PDP RB4 Drums (PS4)
- Mad Catz RB3 Fender Stratocaster Guitar (Xbox, Mad Catz Wireless Legacy Adapter required)
- Mad Catz The Beatles™: Rock Band Gretsch™ Duo-Jet™ Guitar (Xbox, Mad Catz Wireless Legacy Adapter required)
- Mad Catz RB3 Drums (Xbox, Mad Catz Wireless Legacy Adapter required)
- Mad Catz RB2 Fender Stratocaster Guitar (Xbox, Mad Catz Wireless Legacy Adapter required)
- ION® Drum Rocker (Xbox, PDP Wired Legacy Adapter required)
- Mad Catz RB3 Fender Stratocaster Guitar (PS3, Dongle required)
- Mad Catz RB3 Drums (PS3, Dongle required)
- Mad Catz RB2 Drums (PS3, Dongle required)
- Mad Catz RB2 Fender Stratocaster Guitar (PS3, Dongle required)
- ION Drum Rocker (PS3)