The latest patch update for Realm Royale went live on the PTS this past weekend, allowing testers to try out the new hitboxes implemented with the new patch. In this patch, developer Hi-Rez has reworked the hitboxes around characters in Realm Royale in an effort to improve hit accuracy across the board. We’ve got the full list of hitbox patch notes below so that you can see what’s in store for this Realm Royale update.
Along with the changes to player hitboxes, the hitbox patch update for Realm Royale also includes a damage and clip size increase for the Auto Rifle, as well as a damage increase for the Burst Rifle. Amongst a myriad of bug fixes, the hitbox patch also makes adjustments to the skydiving controls to allow players to adjust their landing from far distances.
Working on improvements to the @RealmRoyale hitboxes. Rather than a large, single hitbox, we’re implementing a series of tighter boxes around the champion. This will lead to less false-positives, especially for above the shoulders and around the hips.
A version is up on PTS now. pic.twitter.com/HvmsZNbPiV
— HiRezMick (@HiRezMick) June 29, 2018
Realm Royale Hitbox (“HITBOKS”) Patch Notes
- The fog circle sizes have been reduced as they near the end of the game.
- Hitboxes have a major rework are now tighter to the player’s shape and animation. This change should significantly improve hit accuracy.
- Skydiving controls have been tweaked to make it easier to land where players intend from far distances.
- Updated the text color presentation for headshots.
- The first fog circle will no longer appear on the map before players have landed (testing).
- We’ve added the following languages to the game: Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, and Korean.
- Implemented improvements for server performance (more still planned).
- Implemented enhancements to anti-cheat (more still planned).
- Changed helmet to give headshot protection: epic 35% / legendary 50%
- No longer grants cooldown reduction.
- Changed starting health to 1500, 100 armor
- Add 50 armor to each armor parts (so at max you get 1500 armor with 350 per each piece).
- Armor scaling is 200/250/300/350.
- Auto Rifle clip size increased to 30, damage increased to 90/108/126/144.
- Burst rifle damage increased to 125/150/175/200.
- Fixed a bug where teammates do not see the same elimination count.
- Fixed a bug where multiple players on the team appeared with a yellow marker if one player disconnected.
- Fixed a bug where the weapon elemental icon did not appear on HUD.
- Fixed a bug where players could get duplicate potions.
- Fixed a bug where if the player dismounted after using Smoke Screen, they would stay invisible.
- Fixed a bug where players stayed invisible after using Withdraw.
- Fixed an issue where the Jailbird chicken skin wasn’t displaying correctly.
- Fixed a bug where mounting at the end of reload made the crosshair disappear.
- Fixed a bug where reload UI would get stuck on screen.
- Fixed a bug where revive timer was inconsistent when switching between players in spectator.
- Fixed a bug where two players could acquire the same chicken trophy.
- Fixed a bug where the Emote button was not working.
- Fixed a bug where the Engineer’s Thrust ability was not functioning properly.
- Fixed a bug where ammo counts were not updating for ammo-less weapons.
- Fixed a bug where crouching on the starter island resulted in the player crouching after skydiving.
The hitbox patch for Realm Royale follows up from the recent gunplay patch, which introduced a number of changes for gunplay and how guns handle in Realm Royale. Each patch for Realm Royale is tested on the PTS test environment first before rolling out onto live servers. If you’re interested in participating in tests for Realm Royale, visit our guide on how to join the Realm Royale Public Test Server (PTS).