PC and Xbox, together in perfect harmony. With Halo: The Master Chief Collection now on Steam, PC players and Xbox One players now can live their Spartan fantasy but can they do it together? No, not at this time, but that will be changing soon because Halo: The Master Chief Collection is getting crossplay in the future alongside a few other highly desired features.
343 Industries’ Tyler Davis took to the latest Waypoint blog post to talk about how Halo 3: ODST is testing soon for Halo Insiders alongside a few other key updates for the base game. So what does the first test entail? Six campaign missions in both single-player and co-op modes as well as new features for the Firefight mode.
Dedicated servers are soon on the way as well as even more custom gameplay options, updated matchmaking, and more stable networks. With Halo 3 now being on Steam in addition to Forge becoming available on Halo: Reach, Halo 2: anniversary, and Halo 3 recently on the Valve client. Halo: Combat Evolved also received an entire Challenge system overhaul with even more tweaks on the way.
Related: Halo Infinite Beta Test When?
With the upcoming Flight planned, the first order of business is to validate Firefight for ODST in addition to validating their distribution pipeline. The team also shared with fans what their content release plans look like regarding features for the remaining 2020 period, including crossplay:
- Input Based MM
- Sever Region Selection
- Custom Game Browser
- Per Game Graphics Options
- Per Game Audio Options
- M&K Support for Xbox
- PC Fileshare
- Double Keybinds for all games
- Viewmodel adjustments for all games
- In game FPS Cap/Adjustments
- Steam Account Linking
Below are the official plans for the upcoming Flight content as well, including exclusive PC changes:
- Customization: Updated customization will be available for Halo 3: ODST.
- Firefight Matchmaking & Firefight Custom Games: Firefight’s networking model has been completely overhauled for its addition into MCC.
- Theater: Theater will be available for use with Mouse & Keyboard for Halo 3: ODST.
Flighting will support the following ODST Campaign missions with options for all difficulty levels, single player, and co-operative online play:
- Campaign Missions: Mombassa Streets, Tayari Plaza, Uplift Reserve, NMPD HQ, Data Hive, and Coastal Highway.
- Campaign Playlists: Flight Test, Flight Test (Heroic), Hoofin’ It (Tayari Plaza, NMPD HQ, and Data Hive), and Street Smart (Mombassa Streets).
FIREFIGHT MULTIPLAYER OPTIONS
Halo 3: ODST’s flight will support various multiplayer Firefight options. This will include Custom Firefight Games and Firefight Matchmaking. Below is the content that will be available:
- Maps: Crater (Night), Rally (Night), Crater, Lost Platoon, Windward, Chasm Ten, and Last Exit
- Playlists:Firefight Heroic and Firefight Arcade
SETTINGS AND OPTIONS SUPPORTED FOR PC
Below is a complete breakdown of Settings and Options included in the flight for PC:
- Settings – Controls: Configure Mouse & Keyboard and Configure Gamepad
- Settings – Video: Field-Of-View, Vehicle Field-Of-View, Gamma, Window Mode, Aspect Ratio, Resolution Scale, V-Sync, HUD Anchoring, Unified Medal Display, Framerate Limit, and Graphics Quality
- Settings – Audio: Game Volume including Menu Music Volume, Game Music Volume, Effects Volume, Voice Chat Volume. Also, Voice Chat Channel, Push to Talk Voice Chat, and Multiplayer Game Sounds
- Settings – Gameplay: Crosshair Position, Show Invite Notifications, Enemy Player Name Color, Multiplayer Game Timer, and Credits
- Settings – Network: Network and Relays
- Settings Accessibility: Subtitles, Change Language, Convert Text-To-Speech, and Convert Speech-To-Text
As for the newest Halo adventure, Halo Infinite is slated for a holiday 2020 release, which you can learn more about right here through our game hub. Thoughts on 343’s 2020 plans? Sound off with your hot takes over on Twitter @PrimaGames, we’d love to hear what you think!