After a very strange event featuring a black hole took out Fortnite during the weekend, Fortnite Chapter 2 is finally here and it comes with a lot of changes. From a brand new map entirely, to new events such as motorboats, fishing, and even swimming, there is a lot of newness to explore withing Epic Games' free battle royale experience.
What's new in Fortnite Chapter 2
The new map includes 13 new locations for the new island and allows players to hide in new and very interesting ways. From exploding from haystacks, to taking to the waters for a more strategic vantage point, there's a lot for Fortnite players to take in.
According to Epic Games, here are a few other key differences that players can look forward to now that the next phase of Fortnite is here:
- Drop in to a New World - Choose your landing spot and explore an all-new island featuring 13 locations.
- New Water Gameplay - Swimming, Fishing, Motorboats, and more!
- Support Your Squad - Heal your squad with the Bandage Bazooka, carry your fallen teammates to safety, and celebrate with new group emotes like high fives!
- Hideouts and Explosives - Hide in Haystacks and Dumpsters to get the drop on your opponent or go in blazing by blowing up gas tanks and explosive barrels.
- Upgraded Combat - Get back to basics and battle enemies with a streamlined weapon arsenal. Upgrade weapons using resources at the Upgrade Bench.
- More Fun, Less Grind - Level through the all-new Chapter 2 - Season 1 Battle Pass with a brand new XP system and Medals you earn in match.
Fortnite Chapter 2 is available now on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, Nintendo Switch, and mobile devices! Are you excited to see what else Epic Games has in store to stay up to snuff against other popular experiences like Apex Legends?