Saints Row fans have a brand new game in the series to look forward to, as was announced yesterday during Gamescom 2021’s Opening Night Live. The first trailer that was shown was focused more on hyping the game up with some cool CGI as opposed to gameplay.
Today, the developers shared gameplay footage and commentary to help give players a better idea as to what they can expect from the game. Check it out!
Check Out Gameplay From the New Saints Row Game
If you’re intrigued by the news that a new Saints Row game is coming, whether that’s morbid curiosity or genuine curiosity, we have a video we think you may want to check out. We’ve embedded the video above, and in it, you can catch actual gameplay footage from the new game.
The footage explores the new location of Santo Ileso, while also showing off some of the game’s characters. The developers also explain the direction they’ve taken a bit more, and why they decided to take the direction they did.
In the video description, the following information on the new Saints Row game can be found:
“Welcome to Santo Ileso, a vibrant fictional city in the heart of the American SouthWest. In a world rife with crime, where lawless factions fight for power, a group of young friends embark on their own criminal venture, as they rise to the top in their bid to become Self Made.
Experience the biggest and best Saints Row playground ever created; the unique sprawling world of Santo Ileso is the backdrop for a wild, larger than life sandbox of thrilling side hustles, criminal ventures and blockbuster missions, as you shoot, drive, and wingsuit your way to the top.
- Witness the Birth of The Saints – Play through an action blockbuster original story full of criminality, extraordinary scenes and signature surprises laced with humor.
- Discover the Weird, Wild, West – Dive in to Santo Ileso, the biggest and best Saints Row playground ever, spread across nine unique districts surrounded by the vast, majestic beauty of the Southwest Desert.
- Build Your Criminal Empire – Take over the city block by block, wage war against enemy factions and tighten your grip on the streets with ingenious criminal ventures.
- Fire Guns. LOTS of Guns – Shoot revolvers from the hip, fire and forget with a rocket launcher, or obliterate up close using melee heavyweights, complete with brutal takedowns. A vast variety of familiar and exotic weapons, all customizable, and all deadly fun.
- Take to the Streets and the Skies – Blast through urban and desert environments in any one of the cars, bikes, planes, helicopters, VTOLs, hoverbikes, hoverboards, go-karts or equip your wingsuit to swoop around.
- Unprecedented Customization – Create the Boss of your dreams, with the most extensive character customization suite ever seen in the series, then complete the look with incredible options for weapons and vehicles.
- Seamless Co-Op – Experience everything on offer with a friend at any time, via fully untethered drop-in / dropout co-op, skipping the need to take either of you out of the outlandish action. Play nice together, or play all new pranks on your team mate. After all, who’s the Boss now.”
Some things that stand out to us from how the game is described is that Santo Ileso will be larger than locations in previous Saints Row titles with Santo Ileso featuring “nine unique districts” with plenty of activities to partake in within those districts.
The gameplay looks interesting, and we’re curious to see how Saints Row fans will react as more information on the game is shared. While we wait to hear more about the newest Saints Row game, we’re curious to hear your thoughts. What do you think of the gameplay that was shown?