The release date for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is fast approaching. Whether you’ve pre-ordered a copy of the game, or are considering picking up both the game and the Season Pass, it’s worth it to take a quick look at the post-launch DLC roadmap that Ubisoft shared today.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Post-Launch DLC Roadmap Revealed
Ubisoft shared a post-launch DLC roadmap for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla today that goes over DLC that’ll be part of the game’s Season Pass, and free Seasonal Content available to everyone.
Season One of the free Seasonal Content for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla will be available by the end of 2020 and includes:
- A new settlement area, allowing players to continue to grow and evolve their settlement.
- A traditional Viking Festival, the Yule Festival, for players to experience in their settlement.
- A new game mode: the River Raids. Building on Valhalla’s core raiding mechanic, the mode will deliver a dynamic, challenging, and highly replayable raid experience.
- The addition of the Ranks for Jomsviking: in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla players can create a lieutenant to be part of their raiding crew, but also recruit some from their friends and the community.
- In Season One, players will see an update to the Jomsviking feature that will allow their Jomsviking to earn XP and rank up. The higher the rank of the lieutenant, the more silver players will earn when recruited by other players.
- Season One and subsequent seasons will also come with new player skills and abilities; weapons and gear; and cosmetic items for the settlement, longship, horse, and raven.
As meaty as Season One’s free Seasonal Content is, Season Two coming Spring 2021 will add even more content to the game from cosmetics to festivals and even a new game mode. Season Three is planned for Summer 2021 while Season Four will be made available in Fall 2021.
If the free Seasonal Content isn’t enough, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla will have an optional Season Pass that can be purchased for $39.99 (USD). Season Pass owners will be given access to a bonus mission called The Legend of Beowulf the day Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is released.
Season Pass owners will also be able to play through two sizable DLC expansions. The first DLC expansion is called Wrath of the Druids and is scheduled to release in Spring 2021. The second DLC expansion is called Siege of Paris and is scheduled to release in Summer 2021.
To give you a better idea as to the setting and theme of The Legend of Beowulf bonus mission and each DLC expansion, we’ve included descriptions below with text courtesy of Ubisoft.
The Legend of Beowulf (Launch Day)
“A mysterious beast is ravaging the English countryside, leaving telltale streaks of mold on its victims. Track the creature and discover the hidden story behind England's first great epic.”
Wrath of the Druids (Spring 2021)
"Explore the haunted wilds and beautiful landscapes of Ireland as you battle a druidic cult known as the Children of Danu. Conquer ring forts, master the art of smuggling, and gain the favor of Gaelic kings in a new open-world adventure."
Siege of Paris (Summer 2021)
“Sail to the kingdom of Francia and engage the forces of Charles the Fat as you participate in the Vikings' most daring conquest. Infiltrate the city of Paris, forge new alliances within its walls, and strike a blow that will shatter an empire.”
Ubisoft reportedly has more content planned beyond what they’ve shared in regards to free Seasonal Content and paid Season Pass content. It’s good news for anyone looking forward to Assassin’s Creed Valhalla as it means they’ll not only get to enjoy the game as a whole, but will have regular content updates to look forward to as well.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is scheduled to release on November 10 and can be pre-ordered right now. Anyone who pre-orders Assassin’s Creed Valhalla will be given access to a bonus mission called The Way of the Berserker.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla will be available on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, PS5 (November 12), and PC via the Epic Games Store and through Ubisoft’s store.