The Machine’s Gun Quest Destiny 2 Guide – Sleeper Simulant
Forget about slaving over cookies – we reckon it’s time to get back on the weapon collection grind, starting with the Sleeper Simulant. Here’s our The Machine’s Gun quest Destiny 2 to help you add this lad to your arsenal.
The Sleeper Simulant Exotic is one of the more fun guns in Destiny 2 by our estimation. This particular fusion rifle has a perk that lets its deadly beam ricochet off things. We’re talking pure chaos, since it can do this after going right through targets.
It’s a bit of a legacy weapon at this stage, having done the rounds since Warmind, but we reckon it’s worth a hoon. To get the Sleeper Simulant, however, you’re going to need to use IKELOS weapons as part of its Exotic questline – The Machine’s Gun. This means you’ll need one of the following:
- IKELOS_HC_V1.01 hand cannon
- IKELOS_SR_V1.01 sniper rifle
- IKELOS_SG_V1.0.1 shotgun
- IKELOS_SMG_V1.0.1 submachine gun
To get them, you’ll have to have either gotten lucky in the Escalation Protocol loot pool or completed A Piece of The Past from Ana Bray, but neither is particularly tough to wrangle at this stage in the Destiny 2 expansion game. Once you’re armed with an IKELOS weapon, you’ll have to knock out the quest steps below, and we’ve provided you with a summary of what needs to be done.
- Violent Intel – This bit is easy, you just have to kill 250 Hive and 100 Cabal enemies in Hellas Basin with precision shots to round out this step
- Rasputin’s Culling – Kill 50 powerful enemies with an IKELOS weapon equipped as part of your loadout
- Warmind’s Glory – Finish 5 strikes with an IKELOS weapon equipped
- Nodes and Protocols – Complete Escalation Protocol levels (3 of them) and access 15 Sleeper Nodes with an IKELOS weapon equipped
- Protocol “Perfected Form” – Finish Will of the Thousands with an IKELOS weapon equipped
Once you’ve finished all the steps above, all that’s left is for you to go to Ana Bray to wrap things up and you’ll be gifted with Sleeper Simulant. Now that you’ve got our The Machine’s Gun quest Destiny 2 guide to hand, picking this fusion rifle up should be pretty easy. Need help with something else about being a Guardian? Check out the following tips and tricks: