Season 2 of Diablo 4 changed the way Critical Strikes and Vulnerable damage scale quite a bit, meaning they’re less impactful if you stack them to the High Heavens nowadays. In this guide, we’re going to see what Vampiric Powers work best if you’re focusing a build around Overpower.
Best Vampiric Powers for Overpower Damage in Diablo 4
Hemomancy – 3 Eternity Pacts
- Your attacks deal 80% of your Maximum Life as Physical Damage to nearby enemies. This effect can occur once every 4 seconds.
- You heal for 1% of your Maximum Life for each enemy damaged this way.
Hemomancy synergizes very well with an Overpower build for one simple reason: it scales with Maximum Life, just like Overpower does. Since Overpower is based both on how much Life you have, as well as your Fortify, this skill will only become more powerful the more geared (and gemmed) you are. Socketing Rubies into your armor to increase your Maximum Life is an easy way to beef up this power early on, and the extra healing is nice, too.
Sanguine Brace – 1 Divinity and 1 Eternity Pact
- When you kill an enemy, Fortify for 6% of your Base Life.
- While you have more Fortify than half of your Maximum Life, you gain 8% Critical Strike Chance
This one is a pretty obvious pick particularly if you’re struggling with Fortify uptime. As you level up, you’ll want to stay Fortified basically at all times, since it’s going to make your Overpower hits that much stronger (and keep you alive). This power is a nice boost to your uptime, but alone it won’t be enough to do the job on its own. The Critical chance is, once again, a very nice bonus.
Blood Boil – 6 Eternity Pacts
- When your Core Skills Overpower an enemy, you spawn 3 Volatile Blood Drops. Collecting a Volatile Blood Drop causes it to explode, dealing 60-90 [60%] Physical damage around you.
- Every 20 seconds, your next Skill is guaranteed to Overpower
If the damage looks low on this, it’s because it kind of is. It does scale with character level, as well as the Power rank, but it’s not exactly why we’re here. The 20 second guaranteed Overpower hit is the real money maker, and the orbs are a very slight damage boost. This is perhaps the most tentative suggestion on this list – I would only consider it if you have the Pacts to spare.
If you’re struggling with your Activation Cost, try finding some Seeker Keys using our guide and opening chests in the Blood Harvest for more Pacts!