Starfield has today launched its 1.7.29 update on both PC and Xbox Series X|S, so here’s the full list of changes and fixes for this patch. Today’s update is small in terms of notes but is large in terms of the effect it’ll have on console players especially. There’s also what else was said in the blog post itself, but I’ll go into more detail on that later. Here’s everything new with Starfield update 1.7.29.
Starfield Update 1.7.29 Patch Notes
Performance and Stability
- Xbox Series X|S Improved stability related to installations.
- Various stability and performance improvements to reduce crashes and improve framerate.
- All That Money Can Buy: Fixed an issue where player activity could result in a quest blocker.
- Into the Unknown: Fixed an issue that could prevent the quest from appearing after the game is completed.
- Shadows in Neon: Fixed an issue where player activity could result in a quest blocker.
While the list the team provided is quite short, the changes that were made matter significantly. I haven’t had the same issues, but I know a friend of mine has run into several crashes since starting his playthrough. He’ll be happy to know that should happen less frequently now. I’d also be pretty pissed off if I had to deal with any of the quest-related progression blockers.
As mentioned, these notes are merely a fraction of what was included in the team’s blog post today. Mentioned earlier on are the plans for DLSS & Ultrawide support, a FOV slider, brightness & contrast settings, an eat button, and many other features. If you’re interested in all the nitty gritty around that, including a timeframe for mod support, check out our article detailing the upcoming Starfield changes that are bound to please PC players.