How to Pan For Minerals
Wanting to explore all the variety of gameplay options that Stardew Valley has to offer? Keep reading, as we disclose all the details for an exciting adventure that you don’t want to miss out on!
Stardew Valley is chock full of things to do, and while your main course of action may be varied among the many activities available, you’ll need to rebuild the town’s Community Center along the way. In this article, we’ll discuss the Glittering Boulder, as well as show you how to get rid of it, which will allow you to pan for minerals around the town.
What is the Glittering Boulder
The Glittering Boulder is a massive boulder in Stardew Valley which cuts off the main mining area from the rest of the village. By removing the boulder you will unlock the ability to pan for minerals in every stream around the village. The Glittering Boulder doesn’t actually unlock a new area, but it does unlock a new ability, which makes it useful to players trying to make the most of Stardew Valley.
How to Remove the Glittering Boulder
The only current way to remove the Glittering Boulder is to complete the Fish Tank and its respective bundles at the Community Center. Bundles are special goals given to the player which require them to acquire specific items to fulfill the bundle. The Fish Tank will appear after you have completed at least one of the other bundles in the game. To complete the fish tank you must complete six fish-based bundles. Completing all six will remove the Glittering Boulder. We’ve listed the six bundles below, as well as the requirements to complete each.
River Fish Bundle
- Sunfish: Found in rivers during the day. Only found during Spring and Summer.
- Catfish: Can be found in rivers at any time of the day Only found when raining and during fall and spring.
- Shad: Found any time of day when raining during Spring, Summer, and Fall.
- Tiger Trout: Found in rivers during the early afternoon during Fall and Winter.
- Bundle Completion Reward: Bait (30)
Lake Fish Bundle
- Largemouth Bass: Found during the day, only in rivers, during all Seasons.
- Carp: Found in lakes any time of day during Spring, Summer, and Fall.
- Bullhead: Found in lakes, any time of day, during all Seasons.
- Sturgeon: Only found in lakes during the day when it is Summer or Winter.
- Bundle Completion Reward: Dressed Spinner
Ocean Fish Bundle
- Sardine: Ocean fish found during the day when it is Spring, Fall, or Winter.
- Tuna: Found in the ocean during the day. Only found during Summer or Winter.
- Red Snapper: Found during the day, in the ocean, only during Summer and Fall. Must be raining.
- Tilapia: Can be found in the ocean, during the day, only when it is Summer or Fall.
- Bundle Completion Reward: Warp Totem Beach (5)
Night Fishing Bundle
- Walleye: Only found in the rivers when it is raining in the Fall.
- Bream: Found at night, during all Seasons. Can be caught in the river.
- Eel: Found in the ocean during the nighttime in the Spring and Fall months. Can only be caught when it is raining.
- BundleCompletion Reward: Small Glow Ring
Crab Pot Bundle
- Lobster: Found in Crab Pots.
- Crayfish: Found in Crab Pots.
- Crab: Found in Crab Pots and drops from killing hermit crabs in The Mines.
- Cockle: Found in Crab Pots or foraged from areas with sand.
- Mussel: Found in Crab Pots or foraged from areas with sand.
- Shrimp: Found in Crab Pots.
- Snail: Found in Crab Pots.
- Periwinkle: Found in Crab Pots.
- Oyster: Found in Crab Pots or foraged from areas with sand.
- Clam: Found in Crab Pots or foraged from areas with sand.
- Bundle Completion Reward:Crab Pot (3)
Specialty Fish Bundle
- Pufferfish: Can be caught in the early afternoon, in the ocean, during the Summer.
- Ghostfish: Found in ponds within The Mines at any time of day, during all Seasons. It can also be dropped from Ghosts.
- Sandfish: Caught from ponds in the Calico Desert.
- Woodskip: Can be found within the Secret Woods any time of the day. Can be caught during all Seasons.
- Bundle Completion Reward: Dish O' The Sea (5)
After you complete the Fish Tank, you’ll be given the Copper Pan, which allows you to collect ore in the lakes and rivers around the valley. That’s all there is to know about the Glittering Boulder. Make sure you take a look at our guide on how to get Truffle Oil, as well as our complete article for how to get married in Stardew Valley.