The Pokemon Go Kanto tour is coming up, and if you’ve bought a ticket to the event, you’ll now notice you must choose between two different versions. Should you choose green or red in Pokemon Go? Let’s break down which each version has. The event starts on February 20, 2021.
Pokemon Go Tour Kanto | Should You Choose Red or Green
First off, here is how to choose a version, but only do this after reading below for more information.
- Open your Item Bag.
- Tap your Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto ticket to bring up the selection pop-up.
- This selection pop-up will prompt you to tap either Choose Red or Choose Green.
- After selecting your version, you’ll be asked to tap YES to confirm. You can’t change your event version once you’ve confirmed your choice, so pick carefully!
- Red Version–Exclusive Pokémon: Ekans, Oddish, Mankey, Growlithe, Scyther, and Electabuzz will be attracted to Incense.
- You’ll have an increased chance of encountering these Shiny Pokémon: Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Pidgey, Ekans, Pikachu, Nidoran♀, Oddish, Diglett, Mankey, Growlithe, Ponyta, Shellder, Drowzee, Krabby, Hitmonlee, Lickitung, Scyther, Electabuzz, Eevee, Kabuto, and Dratini.
- Green Version–Exclusive Pokémon: Sandshrew, Vulpix, Meowth, Bellsprout, Magmar, and Pinsir will be attracted to Incense.
- You’ll have an increased chance of encountering these Shiny Pokémon: Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Pidgey, Pikachu, Sandshrew, Nidoran♂, Vulpix, Meowth, Psyduck, Bellsprout, Geodude, Exeggcute, Hitmonchan, Koffing, Tangela, Horsea, Magmar, Pinsir, Eevee, Omanyte, and Dratini.
Both versions have exclusive Pokemon, so you’ll need to coordinate with friends in order to collect them all. While it’s not ideal for an event that asks you to collect 150 Pokemon in one day to split up the Pokemon, it’s where we’re at.
Choosing a version comes down to personal preference. Which Pokemon would you prefer to have if you don’t have access to a friend to trade with?
Luckily, Niantic has increased the trade radius to 40km to ease the artificial burden on players.
Your best course of action when picking is choosing the opposite of whatever your friends choose to maximize your output.
- Suicune Raid Counters In Pokémon Go
- How To Find Giovanni In Pokémon Go
- Pokémon Go Lunar New Year Event Features Tauros, Shiny Red Gyrados, & More