The Pokemon Company and Longchamp Paris are coming together to collab on some fancy merch, and Paris Fashion Week is right around the corner. So along with the Longchamp x Pokemon merchandise coming to real-life stores, other cross-promotion is taking place within Pokemon GO. Niantic has announced that not only is an in-game replica of a Longchamp backpack being added to Pokemon GO, but a whole in-game event for Paris Fashion Week will bring even more flavor to this collaboration.
Pokemon GO Paris Fashion Week Event Guide
The event will kick off starting on Friday, October 2, 2020 at 8:00 AM and run through THursday, October 8 at 10:00 PM. Pokemon GO runs events according to local time, so don’t worry about time zones here. A number of special Pokemon will be appearing, alongside a group of boosted Pokemon, a chance at a shiny, and even a free avatar item. The following special Pokemon are part of the event:
- Smoochum, weaning a bow, will appear in 7km eggs.
- A top hat-wearing Kirlia will be featured in Raids, and if you manage to catch one its moveset will include Draining Kiss.
- Shinx, also wearing a top hat, can be encountered in Raids.
- A surprise GO Snapshot encounter featuring a backwards cap-wearing Croagunk is planned, and the same critter can appear in the wild. It’s rare, though!
- Speaking or rare, this event features possible appearances by Shiny Kricketot.
The following Pokemon are featured during the Paris Fashion Week event for wild appearances:
- Croagunk (the hat one we mentioned earlier)
Niantic also has the “and more” qualifier, so hopefully that gets clarified soon!
During the event you’ll be able to pop over to the in-game store for a free Longchamp-branded avatar item. As of now it’s unclear if this is different from the backpack or not.
- Pokemon GO: A Mega Discovery Special Research Guide
- Mario’s Most Important Moments
- The Best JRPGs on the Nintendo Switch
Are you a Longchamp fan? Will you be trying to get the merch out in the real-world wild in addition to the wilds of Pokemon GO? Or is fashion not really your forte? Let us know what you think over at the Prima Games Facebook and Twitter channels!