It’s been a couple of weeks but we finally have another themed cup on the way for Valentine’s Day in Pokemon GO. The Love Cup Great League Edition will be live from February 9 to February 16 and the rules are a bit more unique than most other cups on the GO Battle League.
Per usual, these themed cups can be hard to jump into when everyone has to get a new roster together that fits the specialized restrictions. In this guide, we’ll cover the rules for the Love Cup in Pokemon GO and some of the best picks to help you win each battle.
Best Picks for the Love Cup GL Edition in Pokemon GO
The most obvious rule of this new cup is the Great League Edition CP cap. As a GL cup, Trainers can only use Pokemon that are at 1,500 or below. Along with the CP cap, the only other rule is that each Pokemon must be some degree of pink, red, or orange in some cases. You can tell which ones are allowed when you go to pick your team. With the rules in mind, check down below to see 10 of the best picks for the Pokemon GO Love Cup GL Edtion.
- Charizard – Wing Attack (Fast) and Dragon Claw / Blast Burn (Charged)
- Alomomola – Waterfall (Fast) and Psychic / Hydro Pump (Charged)
- Medicham XL – Counter (Fast) and Power-Up Punch / Psychic (Charged)
- Scrafty – Counter (Fast) and Foul Play / Power-Up Punch (Charged)
- Lurantis – Fury Cutter (Fast) and Leaf Blade / Superpower (Charged)
- Lickitung XL – Lick (Fast) and Body Slam / Power Whip (Charged)
- Seaking – Poison Jab (Fast) and Icy Wing / Drill Run (Charged)
- Ariados – Poison Sting (Fast) and Lunge / Cross Poison (Charged)
- Galarian Slowbro – Poison Jab (Fast) and Sludge Bomb / Psychic (Charged)
- Sylveon – Quick Attack (Fast) and Moonblast / Psyshock (Charged)
Despite all of these options being strong picks, it’s still important to have a good team composition in the Pokemon GO Battle League. Trainers will need a good lead that can burn shields, an attacker, and a closer that can take a hit. When all the pieces work well together, you’ll get consistent wins in the Love Gup GL Edition.
Related: Pokemon GO Raid Boss Schedule (February 2023)
And that’s all. For more of the latest news, updates, and guides, head over to the dedicated Pokémon GO section of our site.