The month of May has plenty for Pokemon GO Trainers to enjoy. One of the most significant activities that players can partake in during May is the various Throwback Challenge events where players can experience content focused on some of the first regions ever explored in the franchise. The latest one fo these challenges is centered on the Johto region. Fortunately, we have everything you need to know about the Pokemon GO Johto Throwback Challenge covered for you.
Pokemon GO Johto Throwback Challenge
Players will have access to the Throwback Challenge 2020: Johto Timed Research from Friday, May 8th at 1 PM local time to Friday, May 15th at 1 PM local time. This schedule means you will have a full week to enjoy everything that this particular activity has to offer and reap all of its benefits.
Those who jump into the Throwback Challenge will get to experience things like making curveball throws and catch a Water-type character in memory of encountering the Shiny Gyarados at the Lake of Rage. Individuals who complete all eight sets of tasks for the event were supposed to get ten rare candies. However, it is only giving out 5 rare candies with the other five coming with the Hoenn Throwback Timed Research next week. You will also get an encounter with a Ho-Oh that knows the Earthquake attack.
You can find all of the other official features that will be coming to Pokemon GO with the Johto Throwback Challenge below:
- "Pokémon originally discovered in the Johto region, such as Dunsparce and Skarmory, will be appearing more frequently in the wild.
- Pokémon originally discovered in the Johto region will also be available to battle in raids.
- The following Pokémon will be hatching from 7 km Eggs: Chinchou, Yanma, Girafarig, Pineco, Dunsparce, Gligar, Shuckle, Skarmory, and Phanpy.
- In honor of Umbreon being chosen in the Pokémon of the Year vote as the number-one Pokémon originally discovered in the Johto region, Pikachu wearing Umbreon hats will be appearing in the wild!
- If you're lucky, you might find a Shiny Dunsparce!
- Event-exclusive Field Research tasks will reward encounters with Pokémon originally discovered in the Johto region.
- 2× Catch Stardust and 2× Raid Stardust bonuses will be active."
There is no doubt that plenty of Trainers will be jumping into the Johto Throwback Challenge this week to experience all of the nostalgic activities and content it has to offer. Players who experienced this region when it was first made available to the community back in the day will no doubt love everything about this particular Throwback Challenge event.
Check out one of our video guides for the high-profile game where we show you who to catch Luck characters:
Do you want to learn more about Pokemon GO besides the details of the Johto Throwback Challenge? If so, be sure to check out our dedicated hub for the fan-favorite mobile game or three of our most recent pieces of coverage below:
- Pokemon GO Battle League Season 2 Start Date
- How to Get Verizon Pokemon GO Promo Code
- Pokemon GO May Incense Day Guide