The Battle League allows Pokemon GO players to compete against each other with the characters they have caught in their adventures to see who is the best trainer. Season 2 of this PVP playlist will soon arrive for players to earn a variety of rewards and prove their skills once again. Fortunately, we have the start date of Season 2 for the Pokemon GO Battle League covered for you so that you do not miss any of the action when it begins.
Pokemon GO Battle League Season 2 Start Date
Trainers will be able to experience everything that the new season's schedule has to offer beginning on Monday, May 11th. Initially, the start date for Pokemon GO Battle League Season 2 was going to start earlier. However, Niantic identified a technical issue that the developer stated needed to be addressed before the start date of Battle League 2 could take place, which is why it is now starting on Monday, May 11th, instead of its original scheduled time.
A variety of changes will be made to the Battle League following the start date of Season 2. You can find these official changes below:
- "The GO Battle League reward system has been changed slightly. You can now earn a Pokémon reward encounter after your third win on the basic rewards track or after your first win on the premium rewards track.
- The ranking system has been adjusted. More wins are now required to get to ranks 4, 5, 6, and 7.
- Some of your guaranteed reward encounters will be different for Season 2. You’ll encounter these Pokémon at each listed rank:
- Stunfisk starting at rank 4
- Rufflet starting at rank 8
- Scraggy starting at rank 9.
- If you reach rank 10, you’ll earn a new avatar pose!
- Trainers who finish Season 2 at rank 7 or higher will receive an Elite Fast TM rather than an Elite Charged TM. Other than that, end-of-season rewards will stay the same as in Season 1."
There is no doubt that plenty of players will be jumping to the new season's start date with excitement to prove their skills as a Trainer in the fan-favorite mobile game. However, they are sure to have plenty of stiff competition when they begin their journey in the next chapter of this particular game mode for Pokemon GO.
Check out one of our video guides for the popular game where we show you the weakness and strengths of Lugia:
Do you want to learn more about Pokemon GO besides the start date for Battle League Season 2? If so, be sure to check out our dedicated hub for the high-profile game or three of our most recent pieces of coverage below:
- How to Get Verizon Pokemon GO Promo Code
- Pokemon GO May Incense Day Guide
- Pokemon GO Spotlight Hour May 2020 Schedule and Pokemon