There has been plenty of excitement in the Overwatch community over the past few days, as Blizzard Entertainment officially revealed Hero 31 to be the character known as Sigma. A scientist with an ambition to strong for his own good, Sigma utilizes the power of gravity to fight his enemies and is one of the most unique characters to be added to the Overwatch roster. Fortunately, PC players now have the opportunity to test out the character and all of his abilities by jumping into some gameplay on the first-person shooter game's Public Test Realm (PTR). If you are curious about the abilities, gameplay, and skins of Sigma, be sure to check out everything you need to know about the newest Overwatch character below.
Overwatch Sigma Abilities
Sigma is the latest tank hero to join the vast roster of Overwatch, and he brings a group of unique abilities for players to use in their battles. Used by the evil organization of Talon as a living weapon, Sigma's abilities consist of the scientist using the gravity-based powers he gained in an orbital experiment gone wrong.
You can find all of the abilities for the new Overwatch character below:
- Hyperspheres - "Launches two gravitic charges, which bounce off walls and implode after a short duration, damaging enemies within a sizable radius."
- Experimental Barrier - "Propels a floating barrier to a location of his choosing. He can dismiss the barrier at any time."
- Kinetic Grasp - "Freezes incoming projectiles in midair, converting them into shields."
- Accretion - "Gathers a mass of debris and flings it at an enemy to knock them down."
- Gravitic Flux - "Unleashing his full powers, Sigma takes flight, lifts enemies in a targeted area, and launches them into the sky before slamming them back down."
Overwatch Sigma Skins
The only item currently available for players to use for Sigma's skins on the PTR server is his classic outfit. Blizzard will likely add more skins for the new character in the future or could wait to show off all of his skins when he is officially released on the game's live servers.
Overwatch Sigma Gameplay
In the same manner, like Zenyatta, the movement gameplay of this new character sees him float around the battlefield instead of making contact with the ground. The majority of the abilities that players can use are based on a projectile-based gameplay style. You can find an example of gameplay from the Overwatch Hero Sigma below thanks to former professional player Brandon "Seagull" Larned.
With Sigma now officially available for players to try out on the PTR server, there will no doubt be plenty of excited individuals ready to experience the gameplay, skins, and abilities of Overwatch Hero 31.