Well, I think we were all expecting this. Here’s the big midseason update for Overwatch 2, with full patch notes listed.
Overwatch 2 Midseason January 9 Update: Full Patch Notes Listed
If you’ve been within ten feet of the Overwatch community, you know that the hottest and most controversial topic is Mauga. And with this midseason update, he’s finally getting slapped with a nerf. We’ll see how that affects the meta, but there’s more to these patch notes than nerfs. Let’s dive right in.
YEAR OF THE DRAGON SEASONAL EVENT
The fireworks and festivities for the Year of the Dragon begin on January 30! Mischief and Magic prop hunt game mode returns on the Lijiang Night Market map, with all new props for Rogue Kiriko to transform into that will make you look in every direction imaginable. In addition, celebrate with your fan-favorite Lunar New Year Modes, including Capture the Flag and Bounty Hunter Blitz.
- Base Health increased from 250 to 300.
- Base Armor decreased from 250 to 200.
Incendiary and Volatile Chainguns
- Ammo decreased from 350 to 300.
- Lifesteal decreased from 70% to 60%.
- Cooldown increased from 10 seconds to 12 seconds.
- No longer grants infinite ammo. Still reloads Mauga’s Chainguns at the start of the ultimate.
- Overhealth conversion rate decreased from 60% to 50%.
Augmented Fusion Driver
- Removed falloff damage penalty.
- Now immune to taking forced critical hit damage. Fortify already prevents direct critical damage from headshots.
Take a Breather
- Total amount healed reduced from 500 to 450.
- Cooldown between usages increased from 1 to 1.5 seconds.
- Gradual energy no longer decays below 25%.
- Grace period where Stealth can be canceled immediately after entering it increased from 0.5 to 0.75 seconds.
- Cooldown now pauses at 1 second while capturing or contesting objectives from 1.5 seconds.
- Cooldown on respawning decreased from 1.5 to 1 second.
- Effect duration reduced from 3.5 to 3 seconds.
- Primary fire charge gain is no longer paused by secondary fire, nor channeling Captive Sun.
- Ammo increased from 14 to 16.
- Now fully refills secondary fire resource and resets overheated status.
- Removed the damage falloff penalty on the Sunstruck explosion.
- Projectile speed increased from 70 to 80 meters per second.
- No longer pierced by piercing projectiles.
- Fixed a bug that caused Endorsement Level to appear incorrectly in Custom Games.
- Increased the volume and clarity of Ultimate voice over lines.
- Fixed missing Multikill voice-overs from activating when criteria is met.
- Fixed the ‘Rugby Practice’ challenge not progressing.
- Fixed a bug when spectating that caused the camera to become stuck on 2 members of the team.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the ‘Hero Limit’ option from saving after being modified in Custom Game options.
- Fixed an issue with Reticle options where Dot Size and Outline Thickness would change the reticle appearance even if their opacity was set to 0.
- Fixed a crash related to viewing replays.
- Fixed a bug that prevented you from being able to manually enter the value for Maximum Queue Delay in Streamer Protect settings (this value could always be set using the slider).
- Fixed a bug that allowed abilities with shockwaves to hit targets in a floor below.
- Fixed an issue with Bastion’s hitbox becoming desynchronized while in Assault mode.
- Fixed a bug with Rocket Punch that could cause the targets of the punch to potentially lose their walking animation.
- Fixed a bug that occurred when an Echo copied Sigma’s Kinetic Grasp would not grow when taking damage.
- Fixed a bug where the Sunstruck effect wouldn’t detonate if the damage threshold was reached in the last 0.6 seconds of the effect.
- Fixed an issue that reduced Guardian Angels active duration by cancelling the ability while simultaneously pressing crouch or jump.
- Fixed an issue that forced Mercy to reload if Valkryie was activated during the reload animation.