Like most open world games, Mass Effect: Andromeda allows the player to freely explore the world up until a certain point in the main storyline. At this point of no return, exploring freely becomes locked until the player completes the final portions of the main storyline, at which point they’ll be able to move back out into the galaxy and explore on their own. In this article we’ll discuss Mass Effect: Andromeda’s point of no return, and offer some tips to help you prepare.
Where is the Point of No Return?
Andromeda’s point of no return comes during the sixth main mission of the game, Meridian – The Way Home. After chatting with Suvi and learning the coordinates to Meridian, head to the Galaxy Map and set course for KhiTasira (the planet originally thought of as Meridian) in the Civki system. A confirmation will pop up advising you that this mission begins a “point of no return”, which will lock any side quests or free exploration until after the mission concludes. At this point you can either exit and continue exploring the side quests in the game, or go ahead and begin the final main mission.
How to Prepare for the Point of No Return
Before you go off completing the main story, make sure you take a look at some of the notes we’ve included below. While many of the side quests and operations in the game will still be available after beating this mission, we’d advise you to finish the items listed below before embarking to Meridian.
- Complete the Missing Arks task in Allies and Relationships. We won’t go into too many details on this, as there are spoilers a-plenty in this area, but we will say that you should definitely look into this mission as much as possible and complete the missions Turian Ark: Lost but Not Forgotten and Cora Harper: Asari Ark.
- Complete the mission Know Your Enemy in the Resistance Headquarters on Voeld.
- Complete any Hyperion-based missions, such as Station Sabotage.
- Complete any Vault and Architect Battles to obtain special Fusion Mods that enhance your powers.
- Stock up on Elemental Ammo and Disruptor Ammo.
- Respec your character for any additional powers that you might have missed out on.
- Research and Develop high powered gear such as the best shotgun and the best armor sets.
If you use the information we’ve provided above, you should be able to head into the final missions of the game with the best chance of survival. Remember to make a save before passing the point of no return, as this will allow you to reload to this earlier state if you need to for some unforeseen reason. For more helpful articles be sure to head back over to our Mass Effect: Andromeda guide.