WB Games’ LEGO The Hobbit is by no means complex, but it helps to have some tips before trekking through Middle-earth. We published our first round of beginner’s tips last week, and now it’s time for more strategies as you make your way from Bag End to the Misty Mountains.
- If you’re lost, look for a series of light blue LEGO studs. These always point in the direction of the next story objective.
- Trouble figuring out a solution? There’s a chance you may need to return to this location later on with a different character in Free Play.
- At specific moments, you can bring an additional character into the party using the Inventory. Sometimes only one is available. With multiple heroes, pay close attention to their specialties (digging and mining, among other skills) and find the one that fits the current situation.
- Use Gandalf to light dark places. You won’t be able to explore certain areas otherwise.
- Don’t approach the next story objective until you finish exploring. Doing this will trigger a cut scene and prevent you from backtracking until Free Play.
- Believe it or not, there is a difference between the slingshot and bow/arrow. Different targets require one or the other.
- Don’t pass up the chance to buy characters during your travels. This will prevent you from having to play through the same area.
- Always go out of your way to collect resources. The more you have, the easier it will be to build things immediately.
- You may need to use buddy attacks (where two characters team up) to defeat large foes.
- There are three ways to earn Mithril Bricks in LEGO The Hobbit. First, collect all 10 Minikits in each level for one Brick. Second, track down all four Treasure Items per stage. Finally, find all of the Schematics in a level for another Brick.
LEGO The Hobbit is currently available for multiple systems.