The Pokemon GO Community Day event for August 2020 was all about Magikarp, one of the greatest sources of irony in the Pokemon universe. But what will the next one be? And for that matter, how about the one after that? Well, the fun thing about that is, the next two Pokemon GO Community Day features are up to, well, the community!
Pokemon GO Community Day Vote Details
Pokemon GO developer Niantic is hosting a vote for the next two Community Day events, pitting four Pokemon against each other in a battle of… fandom or something! The four Pokemon running for video games president are Porygon, Charmander, Muk, and Caterpie. This is a strange group for sure, but they appear to be chosen based on the roles they can play in the game.
Votes will be collected on the official Pokemon GO Twitter account via a poll, starting on August 22, 2020 at 6:00 PM PT. The poll will last for approximately 24 hours, giving everyone who wants to vote a reasonable amount of time to do so. Well, considering the stakes, anyway. The Pokemon that receives the most votes will go on to be featured in next month’s Community Day event on September 20. Then, the runner-up will also get its time to shine in the following event on October 17. The remaining two Pokemon will presumably return to their local office positions, or perhaps gun for a book deal or talking head on a network commentary show.
Related: Pokemon GO Ultra Unlock 2020 Bonuses
If you want to hit the campaign trail and advocate for your ideal Pokemon candidate, you can go yell in the designated hashtag, #PokemonGOCommunityDay. In the meantime, you can check out what benefits each Pokemon would see, if they win the Community Day vote.
- Porygon: This Pokemon’s signature move Tri-Attack will be added to the game, which you’ll get if you evolve up to a Porygon-Z during the event. This move has a chance to debuff both attack and defense.
- Charmander: Community Day Charmanders will come with Dragon Breath as they evolve to Charizard, giving this Pokemon extra utility against Dragon types.
- Caterpie: Grinding up to a Butterfree will get players the Hurricane move, which is a Flying-type Charged Attack. This will give Butterfree extra muscle for its type advantages.
- Muk: First of all, during this event (if Muk wins), you’ll be able to find Alolan Grimer in Raid battles. Aside from that, the special move here is Fire Punch, which is the first time Muk will have a Fire-type move in its pool in Pokemon GO.
- Pokemon GO Magikarp Event Guide
- Pokemon GO: How to Get a Dragon Scale
- Pokemon GO: The Best Pokemon for the Premier Cup
That’s all the details we have for now. Community Day events generally come with other bonuses and goodies, which Niantic will announce at a later date. For now, you can only bide your time waiting for the voting poll to launch, and hope at least one of your choices gets a spot. Which ones would you rather see win the vote, and which would make you tweet about moving to Pokemon Canada? Let us know over at the Prima Games Facebook and Twitter channels!