Similar to Breath of the Wild, the new Legend of Zelda sequel, Tears of the Kingdom, features some mild survival game mechanics. Link won’t starve to death, but let’s say he can lose health due to the cold. Also, similar to survival games, there are complex crafting and cooking mechanics, and lighting a fire in the wilderness is one of the skills that you will need to survive, especially at the beginning of the game. So, to learn how to start a fire in The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, keep on reading.
How to Start a Fire in The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
You’ll find multiple already-burning campfires at the start of the game, which you can use to throw harvested Skyshrooms or Meat from creatures into and wait for those items to roast into more edible variants. Later on, you will need to start the fire yourself, which is done as follows in Tears of the Kingdom:
- First, get some Wood. To do so, chop some trees with an Axe to get Logs. Then hit the Logs with your Axe again to get Wood.
- Select the Wood in your inventory and choose to “Hold” it (one single Wood will do, so don’t waste more), then return to the game with the B button.
- Press the A button to drop the Wood in the marked circle
- Next, you need to place one Flint next to the Wood. This ore can be found in caves; to harvest it, you need a hammer (fuse a Stick and Stone). Put the Flint near the wood by selecting it from your inventory, choose “Hold,” and then drop it next to it.
- Hit the Flint with your weapon to ignite it; if it is close enough to the Wood you have placed before, it will catch fire and create your very own campfire.
Related: Do I Need to Play Breath of the Wild Before Zelda Tears of the Kingdom? – Answered
Later in the game, you can set up a cooking pot, but at the very beginning, converting your items into their better versions by grilling them an open flame will mean something to you. Also, it is possible to sit down and rest next to the active campfire, where you can select to skip to another time of the day if you wish.
For more The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom here on Prima Games, click the tag below.