With just a couple of days left before the official release of Star Wars Jedi: Survivor on April 28, players can start preloading the game so not a minute is wasted in playing. We all know waiting for a download to finish while everyone else is playing is beyond frustrating.
The good news is that preloads are available for PC and console players alike, and considering how large the downloads are for this game, it’s best to get started early. Our guide will cover how you can get the Jedi Survivor preloads started and have Cal ready to go on launch day.
Star Wars Jedi: Survivor – How to Preload
Downloading the game in advance went live on April 25 and will differ a bit depending on your platform. Even PC players have three store options in the form of Steam, the EA App, and Epic. We’ll start with loading the game on PC.
Jedi Survivor PC Preload Steps:
- Pre-order the game on Steam, the EA App, or Epic.
- Head over to your library and scroll down to Star Wars Jedi: Survivor.
- Right-click the game and select the preload option.
- The store page is another path to downloading the game early, but it’s not necessary.
- Have at least 130 GB or more available for download.
Next, we have the console version of the game, and like PC, the steps are similar. However, PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X have some differences when navigating downloads or the store in general.
Jedi Survivor PlayStation 5 Preload Steps:
- Pre-purchase the game through the PlayStation Store app.
- Head all the way to the right of your apps, into the game library.
- Go to your collection and select Jedi Survivor.
- Select the option to preload, or use the options button to preload instead.
Xbox Series X Preload Steps:
- Pre-purchase the game through the Store app.
- Go into your collection or stay on the home page.
- Either path will bring you to a preload option.
Related: Star Wars Jedi: Survivor Review | A Powerful Epic for a More Civilized Age
On consoles, the download is around 150 GB, so even more space is needed to download Star Wars Jedi: Survivor. The game will officially unlock at 12 am ET on April 28 or 9 pm PT on April 27. It’s a global launch so times will reflect your timezone.