Fish dishes are surprisingly common in Disney Dreamlight Valley. Herring alone is used in multiple recipes, primarily in its two pickled variants and a marinated version. Whichever route you go is entirely up to you, but today, we’re covering the last one. If you’re interested in learning more, continue reading to discover how to make marinated herring in Disney Dreamlight Valley.
How to Make Marinated Herring in Disney Dreamlight Valley
When you look at the recipe’s image ingame, you immediately see a sushi dish. With this in mind, you may expect to use rice and seaweed. Surprisingly, you don’t need either! You still need a herring, but the second ingredient isn’t one you’d immediately expect to find in this.
Below is the complete recipe for making Marinated Herring in Disney Dreamlight Valley:
- Herring x1: Fish in Dazzle Beach or the Glade of Trust. Focus on white fishing circles instead of blue or orange ones!
- Onion x1: Purchased from the Goofy Stall in the Forest of Valor. If you grow your own, you’ll have to wait 35 minutes for it to finish.
Once you have both ingredients, either find a nearby stove or go to Chez Remy and begin cooking.
It’s important to note that when you’re fishing for herring, you want to make sure you’re focusing on the white, bubbling circles instead of blue or orange. Blue and orange hotspots yield rarer fish and lower your chances of finding herring. For example, blue spots in Dazzle Beach usually give shrimp, while orange ones typically give Kingfish or Swordfish. White hotspots may give you Cod instead, though, so don’t be too alarmed if you don’t get a herring right away.
You’ll also want to make sure you’re not adding too many extra ingredients to this dish. If you want to explore other fish dishes, though, be sure to check out the ones below:
- Pickled Herring – Herring, Lemon, Onion, Any Spice
- Arendellian Pickled Herring – Herring, Lemon, Onion, Garlic, Any Spice
- Large Seafood Platter – Lemon, Any Seafood x4
- Bouillabaisse – Shrimp, Tomato, Any Vegetable, Any Seafood x2
Disney Dreamlight Valley is available to play on PC, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, and PlayStation platforms through the official website. If you’re interested in learning more about the game, check out our All Sushi Types Guide. If you’d rather see the complete list of every cooking recipe in the game, be sure to check out our Disney Dreamlight Valley Cooking Guide.