I love a nice bowl of stew for dinner. Usually, I use a mix of carrots, beans and potatoes, and in Tears of the Kingdom, we’re going a similar route today. Whether you’re looking for a quick speed boost or need extra stamina to glide and run around, carrot stew has your back. However, the real challenge is figuring out how to make it and where to get each ingredient! If you want to learn more, continue reading to discover how to make carrot stew in The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom.
Carrot Stew Recipe in Tears of the Kingdom (TOTK)
Below are all the ingredients you need to cook carrot stew in Tears of the Kingdom:
- Swift carrot or Endura carrot
- Tabantha Wheat
- Fresh Milk
- Goat Butter
After collecting each item, go into your inventory, hold each ingredient and use them on a cooking pot to make the dish! Depending on whether you use Swift or Endura carrots, the food will either gain a status effect that increases movement speed or boosts stamina.
You’ll also want to be careful not to use two items with different status effects in the same dish. Doing this cancels the effects entirely!
How to Get Carrot Stew Ingredients in Tears of the Kingdom
What use is a recipe without the ingredients? While I was looking around for these items, I occasionally had a hard time finding them in the wild and ended up buying some from stores. Below is a list of the locations and coordinates I visited to obtain each ingredient:
- Swift Carrot: Hateno Village General Store (3357, -2169, 0120)
- Endura Carrot: Harvest near cherry blossom trees or from completing the “The Gathering Pirates” quest at East Akkala Stable.
- Tabantha Wheat: Slice grass patches with a sharp weapon in Tabantha Frontier (-3780, 1352, 0237)
- Goat Butter: Hateno Village General Store (3357, -2169, 0120) and Rito Village General Store (-3645, 1820, 0184)
- Fresh Milk: Hateno Pasture (3630, -2113, 0178) and Hateno Village General Store (3357, -2169, 0120)
The screenshots below also show each location I described in the list.
Related: Where is Hateno Village in Tears of The Kingdom (TOTK)? – Answered
Many of these items are attainable from the Hateno Village General Store, with Tabantha Wheat requiring you to explore Tabantha Frontier. Just be prepared to spend some money, as the store items cost 12-16 rupees each!
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom is available to play on Nintendo Switch. To learn more about the game, check out how to make Carrot Cake in Tears of the Kingdom or click the tag below to explore our complete TOTK content collection!