Roblox’s beloved death sound known as the “Oof” has officially been axed from the game as of the recent update. The reason behind this is that there have been issues between the original creator of the sound, Tommy Tallarico, and Roblox developers.
However, there is a way around this. Follow this guide to get the Oof sound back in Roblox.
How to Add Oof Sound Back in Roblox
Although the sound is out of the game officially, you can bring it back, and here’s how:
- Find the Roblox file location on your PC. You can do so by pressing Start on the Windows bar and searching for Roblox and then clicking “Open File Location.”
- Find the “Content” folder in the Roblox directory and open it.
- Your next stop is the “Sounds” folder, in which you should find the new “Ouch.ogg” file.
- Download the old “OOF.mp3” file from a trusted source. It can be easily found by Google searching.
- Once you have downloaded the file, you need to convert it to the .ogg extension. This can be done by a simple converter program such as Convertio.
- When the conversion is finished, change the “Oof” file name to “Ouch” and replace it with the Ouch.gg file you found in the Sounds folder.
See, easy-peasy. Launch the Roblox and see if the change worked.
Unfortunately, this is only achievable for the PC version of the game for now so if you’re on another platform, you’re out of luck. Whether you’ll ever be able to change it outside of PC, who knows.
For more Roblox content, check out our other guides, including Roblox: How to Fix ‘Error Starting Experience’ Bug and How to Fix Error Code 529 in Roblox, or click on the tag below the article.