If you’re a The Legend of Zelda veteran, you’ll no doubt recognize the iconic Dusk Claymore sword from Twilight Princess – known as the Sword of the Six Sages back then and in Breath of the Wild. If you want to get your hands on the Dusk Claymore in Tears of the Kingdom, here’s how.
Where to Find the Dusk Claymore in Zelda Tears of the Kingdom (TotK)
There are two ways to get your hands on the Dusk Claymore in The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom:
- In the Typhlo Ruins, during the “Investigate the Thyphlo Ruins” side quest.
- By scanning the Ganondorf amiibo.
How to Get the Dusk Claymore From the Typhlo Ruins in ToTK
In order to find the Dusk Claymore in the Typhlo Ruins in the northern section of the Hyrule overworld map, you need to have unlocked the “Investigate the Thyphlo Ruins” side quest. To do this, you must complete the following four side quests, which each become available after beating the Wind Temple, Fire Temple, Water Temple, and Lightning Temple:
- The Owl Protected By Dragons.
- The Corridor Between Two Dragons.
- The Six Dragons.
- The Long Dragon.
With all those done, speak to Kazul by the camp in Thyphlo Ruins to receive the “Investigate the Thyphlo Ruins” side quest. To complete it, you must investigate a monolith that appears. Look to the right of the monolith to spot a chest. Open it for the Dusk Claymore.
How to Scan Ganondorf amiibo in Zelda Tears of the Kingdom (TotK)
To get the Dusk Claymore from the Ganondorf amiibo, do the following:
- Make sure you’ve enabled amiibo functionality. To do so, press the + button to open up your inventory and tab over to Settings with the R button. Select “Options” and then press the A button next to “amiibo” to toggle amiibo functionality on.
- Exit the menu and hold L to bring up Link’s ability wheel. Use the joystick to select “amiibo.” This will cause your Nintendo Switch to start scanning for amiibo.
- Place your Ganondorf over the joystick on the right Joy-Con to scan the amiibo. If you’re using a Pro Controller, the amiibo touchpoint is just above the Nintendo Switch logo on the center of the controller’s faceplate.
- If scanned correctly, a chest will drop from the sky. Open it for the chance to receive the Dusk Claymore.
Note that the drop chance for the Dusk Claymore is random, so you may have to scan your Ganondorf amiibo multiple times. It took me around 10 tries to get it to spawn.
You can only scan your Ganondorf amiibo once per day, so make sure you save your game before scanning it. If you don’t get the Dusk Claymore, reload your save and try again.
How to Get the Dusk Claymore Back if it’s Lost or Breaks in TotK
Once you’ve obtained the Dusk Claymore, whether through the “Investigate the Thyphlo Ruins” side quest or by scanning the Ganondorf amiibo, you’ll need to be careful not to lose or break it. Stuff happens, though, so don’t fret if something does happen to the weapon because there is a way to get it back.
To get another Dusk Claymore, speak to a Bargainer Statue in the Depths. I visited the one at the Wellspring of Courage, as shown in the screenshots below. You’ll be able to trade 140 Poe Souls for another Dusk Claymore. Poe Souls are found scattered throughout the Depths in droves, so you’ll have enough in no time if you don’t already. Just look for glowing white orbs.
If you don’t know how to unlock the Bargainer Statues, we have a guide on all the Bargainer Statue locations in Zelda Tears of the Kingdom.