Black Diamond is a rare resource in Lord of the Rings: Return to Moria, used for many useful crafts throughout your playthrough. If you struggle to get Black Diamonds in Return to Moria, we’ll drop you some hints on where to find them.
Where to Find Black Diamonds in Return to Moria
Here are some of the methods that will help you get more Black Diamonds:
- Triggering Horde Attack Events by making yourself known to the evil forces around you
- Drops from Orc enemies
- Drops from Goblin enemies
- Drops from Bosses (Bolgakh, for example)
- Looting Chests (make sure to save every Orc Key you stumble upon (focus on Totems while in enemy camps), or be ready to smash the chest open)
The major problems with obtaining Black Diamonds in Return to Moria are:
- Ways/Methods you can get them and places where you can find them are pretty limited.
- RNG is involved, so sometimes you will get a Black Diamond (or more), and sometimes you won’t get any.
This is why I’m advising you to be careful where and how you spend Black Diamonds because they can be used for a handful of different things (probably most important being Map Stones and Pickaxes). You will, at times, need to renounce something and keep going, or return to grinding in hopes that more Black Diamonds will end up in your inventory. “An exceedingly hard black jewel hoarded by Orcs” does not need to be forever elusive, though.
Try to have the following materials for a Map Stone on you as you adventure:
- 3x Black Diamond
- 20x Stone
As well as the materials for a Camp Hearth:
- 10x Wood Scraps
- 6x Stone
- 6x Coal
These tools will help you teleport back home if needed.
Our team often games together, and if you want to take a glimpse at our dynamics and antics, check out how Monopoly GO almost caused the disbandment of the Prima Teama and 14 of the scariest games to play during Spooky Season, as picked by the Screama Teama.