Death flowers are a surprisingly helpful object in The Sims 4 that allows you to make Ambrosia or sway the Grim Reaper to revive a Sim. However, it is a challenging task to obtain this item. Depending on your Sim’s skills and current resources, it can take you hours. Fortunately, I’m here to help steer you in the right direction toward getting a death flower in The Sims 4.
The Sims 4 – How to Get a Death Flower
There are two ways to get a death flower in The Sims 4:
- Grow your own by grafting a Pomegranate and Orchid plant together
- Use the debug cheat menu to find one
While cheats are the quickest way to obtain any item, it is possible to get your own flower once you reach level five gardening.
How to Grow a Death Flower
Below are the steps you must take to grow a death flower in The Sims 4:
- Create an orchid by grafting a lily and snapdragon plant together
- Create a pomegranate by grafting an apple and cherry plant together
- Graft the Pomegranate and Orchid plants together to get the Death Flower
Related: The Sims 4 Cheats – Level 10 Skills
You’ll unlock plant grafting after reaching level five gardening. Once you reach level five, select Take Cutting on your plant to get a spliced plant shoot. From here, graft this shoot onto another plant and watch it regrow into your desired fruit, vegetable, or flower!
How to Use Cheats to Get a Death Flower
You can also use cheats to obtain a death flower if you don’t wish to garden for it. Below are the steps to do this:
- Open the Sims 4 cheat menu
- Type in testingcheats True
- Enter bb.showhiddenobjects
- Enter the Build/Buy menu and search for the Death Flower
Once you do this, you’ll find the death flower in the build/buy menu for 1200 Simoleons. While it may not be cheap, it’s a small price to pay to revive a Sim or create a special cooked dish.
The Sims 4 is available on PC, Mac, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4. To learn more about the game, check out how to change your work outfit in The Sims 4, or click the tag below to access our growing content list.