Many Dota 2 players may find themselves stuck at the main menu screen with the message “Connected to the Dota 2 Game Coordinator, Logging In” and unable to proceed into a game. Fortunately, there is a way to fix this error if it’s a problem on your end. Let’s see what you can do to solve this Dota 2 problem and how to see the Dota 2 Game Coordinator status.
How to Solve “Connected to the Dota 2 Game Coordinator Logging in” Problem
Of course, there is a possibility that this “Connected to the Dota 2 Game Coordinator Logging in” problem is happening on Valve’s end, for example, when Dota 2 servers are down. First, we advise you to check if this is the case or not, and also the status of Dota 2 Game Coordinator status:
In case that the servers are up and running and you still are getting this nasty error, please try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Turn off Dota 2, and your Steam Client.
- Try turning on Steam and Dota 2 again. In case there’s a Dota 2 update that your client has missed, now this “event” should trigger and you will have a matching version of Dota 2 on your PC.
- If the error persists after the restart, I advise you to perform a verification of your game files. This will enable Steam to check if your Dota 2 files are okay. If there’s a problem with any of them, they will be promptly replaced. This process might take 10-30 minutes, depending on your PC, so sit tight.
- If this didn’t help, we’ll need to check your Internet Connection. Please unplug your internet router for about 30 seconds, and then plug it back in (power cycle/restart action).
- If this didn’t help, check if you have a VPN or Firewall running, that might be blocking Dota 2 from establishing a successful connection to Dota 2 game servers.
- If this doesn’t help, try to change your DNS to a different one. The process for Windows is explained in our “Is Dota 2 Down?” article.
- Reach out to Steam’s customer support for Dota 2 or wait, because in most cases, this error just goes away on its own when Valve does the needful.
We hope that these steps helped you get back into Dota 2. If you want to trade your Dota 2 items, check out how to set up your Trade URL on Steam.