You have just returned from work or school, finished your chores, and now it’s time to go to your Minecraft world for a few hours. You have prepared snacks and have already thought of what you are going to build today… but the server won’t let you log in! There is some problem with Authentication Servers?! A terrible scenario, indeed. Fortunately, there are a few things you can try in order to fix the “Minecraft Authentication Servers are Down” error.
How to Fix Minecraft Authentication Servers are Down Error
First, there’s a good chance that the authentication servers are actually down, and there’s nothing much you can do except wait for them to come back online. However, if you suspect that this is not the case and that the problem is possibly with your network, you can try the following:
- Check your Internet connection – See if you are online or not, reset your router, etc.
- Check the Minecraft Server status – This is very easy to check, just go to Downdetector and find out the server status.
- Update Minecraft if needed – This is rarely the cause of the problem, but if you haven’t played Minecraft for a long time, check if you’re running the latest version. If you are, reinstalling won’t help much so don’t waste time.
If nothing seems to help and the servers are up, like your friends are in the game playing but you still can’t get past “Minecraft Authentication Servers are Down” error, you might want to flush your DNS and Reset TC/IP. To do so, follow these steps:
- Start Run Command Propt as Admin
- Type ipconfig /flushdns, press enter
- Type ipconfig /renew, press enter
- Type netsh int ip reset, press enter
- Type netsh winsock reset, press enter
After you have executed all these commands, start Minecraft again and try to log in – if you still get the same error after this, it is most likely a problem with the server, so you just have to wait it out and go play something else, life is sometimes like that.
For more Minecraft guides here on Prima Games, check out the following: How to Find Buried Treasure in Minecraft Bedrock Edition, Best Minecraft Skyblock and Oneblock Servers in 2022, and How to Fix ‘Failed to Synchronize Registry Data From Server’ Error in Minecraft.