Instead of shadow dropping all of a sudden like the full game, we had a proper announcement for the Arcade Challenge Update! for Hi-Fi Rush. The first big content patch just brought some completely free, brand-new ways for Chai to feel the beat while raiding the Vandelay buildings in one of the most unexpected but welcoming surprises of 2023.
This new update includes two new game modes, BPM RUSH! and Power Up! Tower Up!, with new challenges available at the hideout after beating the game. And if you’re tired of your plain old boring attires, Tango Gameworks has you covered with new drip for all heroes, including CNMN and, of course, 808. Oh, they also enter the fray in the new Special Attacks added in this patch!
Hi-Fi Rush Update 5 Patch Notes
THE ARCADE CHALLENGE! UPDATE! IS HERE
Two new game modes – BPM RUSH! and Power Up! Tower Up! – are now available for players that have completed the main story of Hi-Fi RUSH, accessible via the newly installed arcade cabinet in the Hideout. Prove your skills, unlock new content for your prowess and discover more that we don’t wanna spoil in this free expansion for Hi-Fi RUSH.
UPDATE 5 PATCH NOTES
In addition to launching the Arcade Challenge! Update!, Update 5 also includes fixes and enhancements for Hi-Fi RUSH, including:
XBOX SERIES X|S
- Fixes a bug that would sometimes lock Macaron in place and prevent other partner interactions when summoning him immediately after a successful Peppermint action
- Adjusted the menu in the Training Room to avoid accidentally returning to the Hideout. Now, returning to the Hideout requires you to hold the cancel button while in the Training Room menu.
- (Track 06) Fixed an issue where a successful Rhythm Parry against Korsica would result in a game crash
- (Track 09) Addressed an issue where the FPS would lock at 60FPS for the remainder of the Mimosa fight following the guitar-playing musical interlude section.
- (Track 10) Fixes an issue where the player could still control Chai at the end event of Roquefort’s second phase and potentially fall out of the arena as Phase 3 of the fight begins.
- (Track 12) Fixed a rare issue where a successful Rhythm Parry against Kale’s Phase 1 end sequence would result in a game crash
- Addressed a collision issue with the “Holo-Chai” Special Attack that could prevent player progress when the decoy is deployed out of bounds during combat. It seems that even a hologram of Chai is still capable of screwing things up…
- Fixed an issue where Partner Assists could become locked in “aiming mode” when pressing Alt+Tab during gameplay
- Added support for scrolling with the mouse wheel when reading Vlogs for a smooth and refreshing Vlog reading experience.
- SPECTRA room hubs now feature a collectable checklist!
- Additional whiteboard markers have been allocated to CNMN’s personal stash.
In case you haven’t tried out Hi-Fi Rush yet, take a look at our review where we definitely won’t try to convince you to play it right now. And the game’s also included in the Xbox Game Pass, just FYI.