After plenty of player complaints following the release of Season 3 in Diablo 4, a set of patch notes was released that detail update 1.3.0a on January 26. There are tons of great changes to content like Vaults and I have all the details listed here.
Update 1.3.0a January 26 Patch Notes in Diablo 4 Listed
This update addresses plenty of balancing in the Vaults of Season 3 and also adjusts how players earn stones for the Seneschal. Below you can find all the changes that were listed directly on the Blizzard site. Hopefully, fans will be a bit happier from here.
Echo of Malphas
- Echo of Malphas has had their Level raised from 85 to 100.
- The Health pool of Echo of Malphas has been increased by 30%.
- A new item—Igneous Cores—now exists for the purpose of accessing the Uber Vault and Echo of Malphas. This item will replace the usage of Pearls of Warding in providing access.
- Igneous Cores have a chance to drop from Vault Heralds and are guaranteed to drop from Son of Malphas in World Tier IV.
- Loot Updates
- The drop rate of Unique Stones from Malphas increased from .25% to .5%.
- Unique Stones now have a 3% chance of dropping from the chest after the boss.
- Defeating Echo of Malphas will now reward more Legendary items. Additionally, Item Level 925 items will drop more often.
- Crafting a Governing or Tuning Stone will now always cost 200 Shattered Stone and 20 Iron Chunks regardless of level.
- Finding a max level Governing or Tuning Stone will now grant 150 –200 Shattered Stone.
- Governing and Tuning stones can now be acquired as rewards for completing Whispers.
- Son of Malphas now always drops 2-3 Governing and Tuning Stones.
- Stones awarded from Seneschal Stone Caches has been increased from 1 to 2 stones.
- Experience requirements for Governing and Tuning Stones have been reduced so they can be ranked up more naturally with your leveling experience.
Vaults and Arcane Tremors
- Consuming a Pearl of Warding at a Statue of Zoltun Kulle now grants 10 stacks of Zoltun’s Warding, instead of 3.
- The max stacks of Zoltun’s Warding have been increased from 300 to 999.
- The grace period for losing stacks of Zoltun’s Warding when being hit by multiple traps at once has been increased from 1 second to 1.5 seconds. (Ex: If 3 darts hit you in the span of 1.5 seconds, you’ll only lose 1 stack instead of 3).
- Heralds of Malphas now guaranteed a Legendary item drop starting at Level 26, with a 15% chance to drop a second Legendary item.
- Knockback has been removed from all Obelisk Hazards.
- Chests will now appear after completing a Vault’s ending encounter. These new chests will drop a guaranteed Legendary item starting from level 26+, with a 35% chance to drop another Legendary item.
- The projectile speed from Elemental Dart hazards has been reduced by 20%.
- The hitbox for floor-based Elemental Grate and Spike hazards have been reduced by roughly 15%.
- The spout hitbox for Elemental Pillars has been reduced by roughly 15%.
- Fixed an issue where the Gatehall would not display on the map for players on PlayStation.
- Fixed an issue where the Brazier could not be interacted with in certain circumstances during the Drums of the Vault quest.
- Fixed an issue where the Beckoning Thunder Horse cosmetic was invisible for Druid players.
- Fixed an issue where the damage effect and the visual effect were not in sync for floor traps in Vaults.
- Various stability and performance improvements.
Season of the Construct just released this week, and this was the first response from Blizzard after all of the player feedback. I would expect more changes to be applied soon, but I’m sure they will wait until the next Campfire chat.
After reading through all the changes, get back to grinding out all your Shattered Stone for the season.