If you've been pushing through Fire Emblem: Three Houses with the new Maddening difficulty out and the sick ball outfits, then you might be wanting a bit of a break from endlessly sending your students against each other to die. Luckily, we've got a fun, money-making venture in mind that definitely isn't some sort of scam cooked up by the game: yes, we were just as surprised as you. We're talking about the Fire Emblem Three Houses online liaison function where you can send a kid on what amounts to a fancy overseas exchange for a bit. Don't worry, you definitely stand to gain, so read on to find out how.
Fire Emblem Three Houses Online Liaison Guide
First of all, those who are strangers to the Online Liaison concept might want a refresher. As the name suggests, you're going to have to be connected to Online Play to make the most out of this function. At its core, the idea is simple: you can send out a student as an Online Liaison into the aether of The Online. Send them with an item, and someone else can buy that item from you or use the student as an Adjutant. Let's correct some common misconceptions about the Online Liaison feature for you with a handy list.
- You can use the student that you set as your Online Liaison. No need to freak out about losing access to them while they're metaphorically on battle school exchange.
- You will definitely lose the item that you send them with i.e. it won't be in your inventory anymore, so be careful there.
- Multiple people can purchase the item you've tacked on to your student, and you will get money.
Here are some of the benefits that you can get from participating in the Fire Emblem Three Houses Online Liaison system:
- Earn some sweet cash -- more than one person can buy the item you've got on hand so if it's a rare crafting or quest material, you could rake in the big bucks
- Boosting your kid -- you can get a nice skill-up when it comes to your Online Liaison's weapon skills and stats if they're someone that's used as an Adjutant or in fights by those on the other end of the service
- Adjutants are everything -- if your student is used as an Adjutant then they have the chance to actually get skills and abilities that they didn't have when you first sent them out
- Everyone wins -- if you're using the system and hiring Online Liaisons, you may have the chance to get skills or abilities that you didn't previously have access to once they return, and you'll also be able to conversely buy items that you were in dire need of.
It's really a win-win system if you're looking at participating in the Fire Emblem Three Houses Online Liaison mini-game that is essentially sending your murder students on a fancy mercantile exchange program, so we'd definitely recommend that you use it. Need a hand with some sidequests in the game? Our Fire Emblem Three Houses Floral Tribute guide might be what you're looking for.