Claude’s beloved retinue are some of the most endearing recruits you’ll find in Fire Emblem: Three Houses. Whether you’ve chosen the Golden Deer as your House, or if you just want to tempt a select few units over to the dark side, it’s important to know what each student can actually bring to the table in combat. Check out our Fire Emblem Three Houses Golden Deer guide to each kid’s abilities, strengths, and weaknesses so you can pick the perfect fit for your existing team.
Fire Emblem Three Houses Golden Deer Guide – Abilities, Strengths, and Weaknesses
Quite a few of the Golden Deer members are proficient when it comes to archery, but that doesn’t mean that it’s their only defining trait. They have plenty of other Strengths, so you don’t have to worry about running an entire squad full of Snipers in late-game. Check out our list of the characters’ Strengths and Weaknesses so you can optimize your units as efficiently as possible.
- Claude has an ability called Leicester Lineage which multiplies his experience earned by 1.2x. His Strengths are Swords, Bows, and Flying. His Weaknesses are Spears and Spells.
- Hilda has an ability called Advocate which empowers male allies next to her to do extra damage in combat. Her Strengths are Spears and Axes. Her Weakness is Spells.
- Leonie has an ability called Rival which gives her increased damage and makes her take less damage in combat if she’s next to an ally who is a man. Her Strengths are Spears, Bows, and Cavalry. She has no Weaknesses.
- Lorenz has an ability called Distinguished House, which means he deals extra damage with a battalion. His Strengths are Bows and Spells. His Weaknesses are Axes, Spells, and Flying Units.
- Lysithea has an ability called Mastermind which doubles the experience she earns in battle when it comes to Skills. Her Strength is Spells. Her Weaknesses are Swords, Spears, Axes and Knights.
- Marianne has an ability called Animal Friend which allows her to recover up to 20% of her max HP at the start of each turn if she’s next to a cavalry unit or a flying unit that’s an ally. Her Strengths are Swords, Spells, Cavalry and Flying. Her Weaknesses are Unarmed combat and Knights.
- Raphael has an ability called Goody Basket which gives him a chance to recover up to 10% of his max HP each turn, scaled off his Luck. His Strengths are Swords and Bows. His Weakness is Flying.
- Ignatz has an ability called Watchful Eye which gives him +20 to his Hit rate. His Strength is Spells. His Weaknesses are Axes and Unarmed combat.
Now that you have a working knowledge of the Strengths and Weaknesses of the Golden Deer students, you’ll be able to ensure that you’re making some smart choices when it comes to recruitment. The Golden Deer might be skewed a little towards Bows initially, but you can always make sure that you train them in other areas if you want to reclass or respec them over time as the game goes on to round out your team. Want to know what the strengths and weaknesses of the Blue Lions are? We have a guide for that too.