So you've decided to go with the Blue Lions for this playthrough of Fire Emblem: Three Houses. Dimitri's cohort has a range of different abilities and personalities, and leveling them up for maximum combat efficiency is going to involve getting acquainted with their various specialties; no two students are alike. Check out our Fire Emblem Blue Lions guide to each student's abilities, strengths, and weaknesses so you can raise the deadliest squad.
Fire Emblem Three Houses Blue Lions Guide -- Abilities, Strengths, and Weaknesses
One thing to note about the Blue Lions is a few of their abilities are pretty unique. For example, Mercedes has an incredibly useful one which keeps both her and other allies topped up health-wise in the heat of the moment. Wondering what to train each student in during Lectures? Our list of Strengths and Weaknesses will be useful.
- Annette has an ability called Perseverance which gives an ally +4 Strength. Her Strengths are Axes and Spells. Her Weaknesses are Bows and Knights.
- Ashe has an ability called Lockpick which lets him open doors and chests without keys. His Strengths are Axes and Bows. His Weakness is Spells.
- Dedue has an ability called Staunch Shield, which means that he gets +4 DEF if he doesn't act on his turn in combat. His Strengths are Swords, Axes, Unarmed combat, and Knights. His Weaknesses are Spells, Cavalry and Flying.
- Dimitri has an ability called Royal Lineage which multiplies his experience earned by 1.2x. His Strengths are Swords and Spears. His Weaknesses are Axes and Spells.
- Felix has an ability called Lone Wolf which makes units deal +5 damage when they don't have a battalion assigned to them. His Strengths are Swords, Bows, and Unarmed combat. His Weaknesses are Spells and Flying.
- Ingrid has an ability called Lady Knight which gives her +3 MT and +5 to her hit rate when she uses gambits. Her Strengths are Swords, Spears, Cavalry and Flying. She has no Weaknesses.
- Mercedes has an ability called Live to Serve which means that when she heals someone with white magic, she will recover the same amount of HP as that unit. Her Strength is Spells. Her Weaknesses are Swords, Spears, Axes and Knights.
- Sylvain has an ability called Philanderer which means that he does extra damage and takes less damage in combat when next to an ally who is a woman. His Strengths are Spears, Axes and Cavalry. His Weakness is Bows.
Knowing the Strengths and Weaknesses of the various Blue Lions will help you prioritize your lessons better when you're trying to spec them into Intermediate and Advanced classes later on. While these Weaknesses don't at all preclude these characters from taking up arms in those skills later, they do give an indication of what will be the quickest route to combat success. Want to go with the Black Eagles instead? We have a guide on that House's abilities, strengths, and weaknesses too.