Knowing the characters available to you in each different House is one thing, but success in Fire Emblem: Three Houses can come down to the innate skills and abilities of each student if you’re particularly interested in min-maxing. Had a read of our character list for the game? Now, take a gander at our Fire Emblem Three Houses Black Eagles guide to each student’s abilities, strengths, and weaknesses so you can make an informed combat choice.
Fire Emblem Three Houses Black Eagles Guide — Abilities, Strengths, and Weaknesses
It’s important to be aware of each student’s abilities, strengths and weaknesses. While you can reclass and respec your students into anything you want over time, their innate traits aren’t going to change and playing to their weapon strengths is still generally a smart way to make the most of them on the battlefield.
- Bernadetta has an ability called Persecution Complex which gives her +5 ATK if she’s lost health. Her Strengths are Spears and Bows. Her Weaknesses are Swords, Axes, and Unarmed Knights.
- Caspar has an ability called Born Fighter which reduces enemies Avoidance by -10 if they’re adjacent to him. His Strengths are Axes and Unarmed combat. His Weaknesses are Bows and Spells.
- Dorothea has an ability called Songstress which lets allies next to her gain +10% of max HP at the start of every turn. Her Strengths are Swords and Spells. Her Weaknesses are Spells, Knights, and Flying units.
- Edelgard has an ability called Imperial Lineage which gives her 1.2x extra experience. Her Strengths are Swords, Axes, and Knights. Her Weaknesses are Bows and Spells.
- Ferdinand has an ability called Confidence which gives him +15 Avoidance at full health. His Strengths are Swords, Spears, Axes and Knights. He doesn’t have Weaknesses.
- Hubert has an ability called Officer Duty which grants +5MT with Gambits. His Strengths are
- Linhardt has an ability called Catnap which lets him regain 10% of his max HP if he doesn’t act on his turn. His Strengths are Spells. His Weaknesses are Axes and Unarmed combat.
- Petra has an ability called Hunter’s Boon which improves her crit chance by +20 when she has less than half health. Her Strengths are Swords, Axes, Bows, and Flying. Her Weaknesses are Spells.
Now that you have a better idea of each student’s Strengths and Weaknesses, you’ll be able to make the most of their various combat specialties as the game goes on. Remember, you can always work on each student’s combat skills in Lectures but it’s a good idea to know what they’re most adept at to make your job easier.