The Final Fantasy VII Remake offers an in-depth combat system that players can master to become unstoppable forces against their enemies. One of the most critical aspects of the Final Fantasy VII Remake combat system is Materia, which are items that provide players with unique bonuses and abilities that make their characters stronger. These materials can be found at various locations through your playthrough. Fortunately, we have all of the locations of the Materia in the Final Fantasy VII Remake covered for you.
Final Fantasy VII Remake Materia Locations
There are a total of 43 locations where players can find a Materia and add it to their inventories. Those who are looking to make their character more reliable in the Final Fantasy VII Remake will be wise to visit as many of these Materia locations as possible when they are going on their adventures in the latest entry in the iconic franchise.
Do you want to learn more about the Final Fantasy VII Remake besides the locations of each Materia? If so, be sure to check out our dedicated hub for the popular game or three of our most recent pieces of coverage below:
- How to Get Weapon Level 6 in Final Fantasy VII Remake
- Final Fantasy VII Remake Weapon Locations
- Final Fantasy VII Remake Guide: How to Get to the Sewers, Corneo’s Stash Locations
You can find all of the Materia locations in the Final Fantasy VII Remake below:
1. Players acquire the first one when they complete the tutorial for the game’s Materia feature at the beginning of the game. This particular one contains a healing ability.
2. This item is found following your first fight against enemies in Chapter 2. It will be behind a car on the road that you came from, so you will have to backtrack a little after your battle. It will have a purple light coming from it.
3. Our third one will be on the right side of the road as the second one on this list. Continue on the path towards your objective, and you will spot it on the right side of the way. It will have a purple light coming from it.
4. Players can buy this one from the item shop you visit with Tifa in Chapter 3.
5. Players can buy this one from the item shop you visit with Tifa in Chapter 3.
6. This one is the starting Materia for Tifa, so it will become available when she joins your party in the game.
7. It can be found at the beginning of the cave that is located at the start of Scrap Boulevard.
8. Players will acquire this one after they speak with Chadley for the first time in Chapter 3.
9. You can purchase this one for 300 Gil from the Item Store Owner after you have completed the Rat Problem side quest.
10. This item is located in the Nuisance in the Factory side quest in Chapter 3. It will be found behind a yellow-taped fence in the factory area. Press the button near the roller door to access the location where this one can be found.
11. Players can purchase this Materia from Chadley after you complete the side quest called Chadley’s Report in Chapter 3.
12. Players can buy this Materia from Chadley after you complete Chadley’s second Battle Intel Report in Chapter 3.
13. It will be found on the main path in the underground area that you will find yourself in after you defeat Roche. It has a green aura.
14. You will need to beat the high score at the darts minigame found in Chapter 3. Wedge will then give you this Materia in Chapter 4.
15. Located to your left following the cutscene at the beginning, Chapter 5, where a character accuses barret.
16. Players will find this Materia in Chapter 5 next to the vending machine that is located in a corridor after you defeat the flamethrower turrets.
17. This item can be purchased from the vending machine that was next to the Materia #16.
18. You will locate this one in Chapter 6. It can be bought from a vending machine that is next to the H-01 sign that Tifa points out in the cutscene where she and Barret talk about restoring power to the elevator.
19. Individuals will find this item in Chapter 6. Take the elevator down to Section H. Climb down the ladder that will be to your right. Use the control panel that will come into view and use it to lower the walkway where you can grab this Materia from the ledge.
20. Use the walkway from above and cross over to the other side where this item is marked by a purple discovery objective mark on your map.
21. Chapter 7 is the part of the story where this item will be found. It is the next room after you find the first keycard story item.
22. Players will find this one marked by a purple discovery mark on their map when they are required to push three switches at the same time to open a door. Utilize the terminal at this discovery mark and then press the switches at the same time four times to open up the room where this item is found.
23. This item is the starting one for Aerith, so it will be added when she joins your party.
24. This item is the starting one for Aerith, so it will be added when she joins your party.
25. Players can purchase this item from Chadley after you complete the 3rd Battle Intel Report.
26. Players can buy this item from Chadley after you finish the 6th, 7th, 8th, and 9th Battle Intel Reports.
27. Players can purchase this item from Chadley after you complete the 6th, 7th, 8th, and 9th Battle Intel Reports.
28. Players can buy this item from Chadley after you finish the 6th, 7th, 8th, and 9th Battle Intel Reports.
29. Players can purchase this item from Chadley after you complete the 6th, 7th, 8th, and 9th Battle Intel Reports.
30. This one is located in Aerith’s garden that you will visit after defeating Rude.
31. Chapter 9 is where you will find this particular item. It will be on the right side of the area where you pick up Aerith with a metal arm in a minigame. Drop her off on the container next to it, and she will pick it up for you.
32. Aerith will be able to pick up this one on the container in the third metal arm minigame of Chapter 9.
33. Players can buy this item from Chadley after you turn in the 11th Battle Intel Report at Market Square in Chapter 9.
34. Players can buy this item from Chadley after you turn in the 13th and 14th Battle Intel Report at Market Square in Chapter 9.
35. Players can buy this item from Chadley after you turn in the 13th and 14th Battle Intel Report at Market Square in Chapter 9.
36. Head out from the location of Chadley in Market Square on the road to the north. Take two left turns. This Materia will be at the end of an alley where drunk people can be found.
37. Complete the Chapter 9 side quest Burning Thighs and then complete the amateur squat challenge to acquire this item.
38. Players can acquire this item in Chapter 10 of the game’s story. It will be on the path behind you when you climb the ladder in Sector 7-6 Main Aqueduct.
39. Located behind metal bars in the southern section of Aqueduct 1 in Chapter 10.
40. Found between two train compartments on your left that is right before you can climb the ladder in Switchyard Section B.
41. Players will get this item after they defeat the Ghoul Boss in Chapter 11.
42. You need to complete the 16th Battle Intel Report and then buy this item from Chaley next to the Materia shop in the slums of Sector 5.
43. Located in a cage that will be in front of you following the renting of Barret and Tifa. All you need to do is shoot the cage door down with Barret’s Gatling gun.
44. Head up the stairs from where the previous one was found. It will be located in a cage on your right.
45. Spawns in front of you following the cutscene with Tifa after you leave Aerith’s house in Chapter 14.
46. Players can acquire this one from Chadley after they complete the 12th Battle Intel Report.
47. Defeat the Leviathan VR Simulation Boss to get the 47th Materia of the Final Fantasy VII Remake.
48. You will get this item as a reward when they complete the Chapter 14 side quest called Missing Children.
49. Complete the Chapter 14 side quest called Wavering Heart that can be found in the Wall Market gym. Win the Pull Up Challenge against Jay to get this item.
50. It can be bought from Chadley after completing the 19th Battle Intel Report in Chapter 14.
51. It is found behind the dragon gates your character will go through in the Chapter 14 side quest called Corneo’s Secret Stash.
52. You will come across this item in the room on the right on the ground floor of the church.
53. Players will get this item when they free Kotch in the dungeon that can be accessed from Corneo’s office. You will be able to do this after you meet Leslie and before you enter the sewers.
54. Found in the southwest corner of Old Aqueduct 1.
55. Complete all of the Chapter 14 side quests. You can then pick this Materia up right before you go over the wall at the end of Chapter 14.
56. Rewarded for completing the Two-Person Team vs. High Flyers Combat Simulator Challenge in Chapter 16.
57. Rewarded for completing the Three-Person Team vs. Team Ragbar Combat Simulator Challenge in Chapter 16.
58. Take a left turn when you are climbing through the ventilation shaft in Chapter 16 to find this item.
59. Left of the console that you have to interact with after you switch to Cloud and Barrett from Tifa and Aerith in Chapter 17.
60. It can be acquired from Chadley after the 17th Battle Intel Report is completed. However, you must collect all of the weapons in the Final Fantasy VII Remake before you can do this.
61. It can be acquired from Chadley after the 18th Battle Intel Report is completed. However, you must fully level up all 12 types of Magic Materia in the Final Fantasy VII Remake before you can do this.
Which of the Materia locations are you the most excited to visit? Let us know over on Twitter and Facebook! You can grab yourself a copy of the high-profile title and support Prima Games at the same time by purchasing the Final Fantasy VII Remake through this link.