EA Sports launched their Fantasy Football promo in Ultimate Team and announced Fantasy FUT Team 1 players and Fantasy FUT Heroes Team 1 players. Chances are if you’re playing FIFA, you’re undoubtedly playing Fantasy Premier League (FPL) or any of the other Fantasy Football manager mode games from the other top leagues and sports around the globe.
That means you’re well acquainted with the term Fantasy Football and have an idea of what’s to come. However, the upgrades and how you get them, differ from the world-renowned FPL.
If you want to learn more about the latest drop, how it works, how to get upgrades, and who the Fantasy FUT Players and Heroes are, then you need to keep reading this post on Fantasy FIFA Ultimate Team (FFUT).
Related: FIFA 23 Road to the Final Explained
FIFA 23 Fantasy Football Explained
First, let’s take a look at all the two teams’ players released in the initial drop…
FIFA 23 Fantasy FUT Team 1 Players
- CB: Kamal Miller, Impact Montreal (85 OVR)
- CB: Milan Skriniar, Inter Milan (89 OVR)
- CB: William Saliba, Arsenal (89 OVR)
- LWB: Angelio, Hoffenheim (87 OVR)
- RWB: Christopher Trimmel, Union Berlin (86 OVR)
- LM: Said Benrhama, West Ham United (89 OVR)
- CDM: Fernando, Sevilla (88 OVR)
- CM: Marcos Llorente, Atletico Madrid (89 OVR)
- CAM: Dele Alli, Besiktas (87 OVR)
- CF: Alexis Sanchez, Marseille (90 OVR)
- ST: Alexander Isak, Newcastle United (89 OVR)
Related: Who is FIFA 23’s Team of the Week for Week 17 – Answered
FIFA 23 Fantasy FUT Heroes Team 1 Players
- CB: Ivan Cordoba – Colombia (OVR 88)
- CB: Ledley King – England (OVR 88)
- LB: Joan Capdevilla – Spain (OVR 89)
- LW: Harry Kewell – Australia (OVR 90)
- CAM: Lars Ricken – Germany (OVR 88)
- CAM: Abedi Pele – Ghana (OVR 91)
- St: Peter Crouch – England (OVR 88)
- ST: David Ginola – French (OVR 91)
How Does Fantasy FUT Upgrades Work?
All players selected in the Fantasy promo will receive a base upgrade from the offset of the campaign. These player items will also be rewarded for real-time individual and team performances and achievements.
Related: FIFA 23 Team of the Week Is Out (Week 18)
Here’s How Each Upgrade Works, Starting With Fantasy FUT Team 1 Players:
- Launch of the campaign – base upgrade,
- Starting from the next occurring fixture for that specific player – 1 win in the next six games,
- The third upgrade – Three appearances in their respective club’s next six fixtures,
- Based on a specific position – attackers and midfielders must score or assist two goals, while defenders and goalkeepers must keep two clean sheets in the next six games, and
- The final upgrade, challenging but not impossible to achieve – must avoid defeat in the next six games.
Now let’s look at how the heroes’ upgrades work in FUT.
Here’s How Each Upgrade Works for Fantasy FUT Heroes Team 1 Players:
- Launch of the campaign – Base upgrade,
- Starting from the next occurring fixture for that specific player – 1 win in the next six games, and
- The final upgrade – they must avoid defeat in the next six games.
When Does the FIFA 23 Promo Go Live and End?
The promo went live on FIFA Friday, March 3, and will see two team releases. The next team drop will happen on the next FIFA Friday, March 10 (unconfirmed).
This promo should last for the rest of the season and should run concurrently with other promos still to drop.
Check out our FIFA 23 promo drop tracker here: FIFA 23 Promo Tracker: What’s Next?