Though Destiny2: Beyond Light has seen a small delay due to COVID-19, the next phase of the space adventure is poised to kick off later this November. With a plethora of new content on the horizon, Bungie is vaulting much of its gameplay experience to make room, so here is everything you need to know about what is leaving Destiny 2 when Beyond Light launches, including raids, weapons, and even lore.
Destiny 2: Everything leaving with Beyond Light
Bungie revealed that they have 3 years worth of content planned out in lieu of jumping right into Destiny 3, which means a lot more DLC to look forward to as well as a need for the dev team to make room. Instead of going the Call of Duty route where every update is 50+GB, the team is instead vaulting certain aspects of the game going forward. First, let’s start with locations.
Which locations are going away?
There are a few locations that are going to be leaving, which affects major game activities:
- IO, including the mission attached to Whisper, since this is also going away
As for raids, the following raids will also be seeing the vault:
- Scourge of the Past, for Anarchy
- Eater of Worlds
- Spire of Stars
- Crown of Sorrow
- Calus’ Tribute Hall
Which exotic weapons are leaving?
Exotic catalysts are also impacted, each catalyst associated with the above weapons are being removed. This is fairly obvious given that there is no reason to have a catalyst for a weapon no longer earnable.
Ah, Titles. Completing Triumphs holds titles for those that grind hard enough, but not all titles are safe. For those curious to land their dream title, here are the ones you should get started on now, in alphabetical order, if you want to make it before the cutoff:
- Blacksmith – Forge and Scourge of the Past completion
- Chronicler – Lore
- Dredgen – Gambit/Gambit Prime
- Reckoner – Gambit/Gambit Prime, though Reddit says this one may be staying after the merge
- Shadow – Crown of Sorrow
- Wayfarer – Flashpoints, Heroic Adventures
Sparrows, Ghost Shells, Ships, and Emotes leaving
Unfortunately, a lot of those fun unlockables are doing the disappearing act as well, including the following:
- A Thousand Wings – Whisper
- Universal Wavefunction – Nightfall Garden World
- Scrap CF-717-19 – Heroic Zero Hour
- Platinum Starling – Master Smith Triumph
- Always on Time – Scourge
- G-335 Anseris Overdrive – Memory Fragments
- Of Ten Suns – Flawless Prophecy dungeon
- Armory Forged – Maximum Forge completions, Niobe Labs
- Contender – Leviathan, Eater of Worlds
- Cottontail – Solo Prophecy Dungeon
- Sagira – Lost Prophecies on Mercury
- Luxurious Toast – SPire, 2020 Triumphs
- X Marks the Spot – Tribute Hall
Important: For those worried about their hard-earned gear, keep in mind that this removal does not mean that the above items in terms of loadouts will suddenly disappear from Collections, instead this is more regarding how to unlock certain gear going forward. If you already have certain items that are not randomly itemized, retrieval is as simple as going into that Collections tab to reacquire.
We’re still learning what other plans Bungie has for Destiny 2 while prepping for Beyond Light, but this one Destiny Spreadsheet has been dropped in every Destiny discord I’m in thanks to Redditor ‘Kiki_strumm3r’.
- There is a Destiny 2 Cookbook For Some Reason, And We Want It
- Destiny 2 Bug Massively Buffs Malfeasance Damage
- This Destiny 2 Brood Queen Cosplay Is Beyond Perfection
Destiny 2: Beyond Light makes its debut on all platforms on November 10th. You can learn more about this space shooter with our game hub right here! Be sure to also join us over on Twitter to sound off about what you’re looking forward to the most!