Since Diablo 4’s launch in June, Blizzard has deployed numerous updates every week or two to address various bug fixes and balance changes, especially ones surrounding a new season. With Season Two announced just a few days ago, this upcoming update will be one of many as we get closer to the season’s release in October. To learn more, continue reading to find a list of Diablo 4’s 1.1.3 Update patch notes.
Diablo 4 August Update 1.1.3 – Full Patch Notes
This update, set to launch on August 29, 2023, primarily addresses crowd control effects, season one bug fixes, and a few changes to skills for Necromancer, Sorcerer, and Rogue. While the update will be released a few days from now, we get to look at the patch notes slightly earlier.
Speaking of which, it’s time to dive deep into the Diablo 4 Update 1.1.3 patch notes list!
Crowd Control Sources
We have made various changes to Monster Abilities and Elite Affixes that apply Crowd Control effects, including
- Cold Enchanted Elites that attack in quick succession (Ex: Ghost Archers and Snake Brutes) will no longer proc the Cold Enchanted on every hit.
- Chilling Wind will spawn overlapping walls less often.
- The Stun ability from the Cannibal Gorger can now be more easily avoided.
- Increased the cooldown on the Cold Goatman Ice Pillars.
- Reduced the amount of Chill applied from the Cold Spider attack.
- Reduced the Stun duration from the Nangari Snake Eyes from 1.5 to 1.25 seconds.
- Other changes that reduce how often the player can be targeted by Crowd Control
Developer’s Note: These changes are aimed at the player having less time being Crowd Controlled and receiving more recovery time after being Crowd Controlled, especially at higher World Tiers.
- The death explosion from Fire Enchanted monsters releases 1 less wave and deals 20% less damage.
- The damage from the Bloated Corpsefiend’s charge attack has been reduced by 14%.
- Affixes on items will now sort consistently.
Developer’s Note: We’re adjusting how Affixes are displayed on item tooltips in Season of Blood. This change will lay the foundation for our ongoing work of making random Affixes easier to compare.
- The Seasonal and My Class filters in the Codex of Power menu now remember the setting previously selected by the player.
- Navigating the Glyph Upgrade menu on controller will now feel more natural.
- Achievements, Trophies, and Challenges with shared unlock criteria across platforms now transfer via cross-platform progression.
Season of the Malignant
- Fixed an issue where the Shadow Clone provided by the Caged Heart of Trickery displayed an improper tooltip in Fields of Hatred.
- Fixed an issue where Crowd Control effects could be applied to the Shadow Clone from the Caged Heart of Trickery and then carried over to the player.
- Fixed an issue where the Caged Heart of the Calculated would not trigger its stun effect if the cast skill was Imbued.
- Fixed an issue where monsters could open the door to the chamber where Varshan is encountered in the Ravening Pit.
- Fixed an issue where the Echo of Varshan quest would not be completed after defeating Varshan if the player previously died to him.
- Fixed an issue where completed Season Journey objectives displayed in the Recently Completed section of the Challenges menu.
- Fixed an issue where the rewards for defeating Varshan the first time wouldn’t go to the player’s Stash if they were missed.
- Fixed an issue where Echo of Varshan did not have a guaranteed Legendary drop chance after Level 35.
- Fixed an issue where Cormond would not appear after defeating Varshan during the Cold Hard Truth quest if the party leader was killed during the fight.
- When the following Skills and Powers were applied by a player on a monster, other players were unexpectedly able to benefit from that effect. This issue has been fixed.
- Skills and Passives
- Twisting Blades
- Paragon Nodes and Glyphs
- Exploit Weakness
- Fang and Claw
- Skills and Passives
- Fixed an issue where a Druid player’s inventory could fill up with Spirit Blessings, blocking progression for Quests that had items associated with them.
Developer’s Note: Druidic Spirit Offerings can now be dropped from the Quest Inventory, allowing other Quest items to be picked up.
- Fixed an issue where players could lose Aberrant Cinders upon entering a Cellar.
- Fixed an issue where players could become temporarily stationary when trying to evade immediately after casting a channeled spell (Ex: Incinerate or Lightning Storm).
- Fixed an issue where Treasure Goblins did not drop a guaranteed Legendary item when defeated between Levels 15 and 40.
- Fixed an issue where multiple bosses were not guaranteed to drop legendary items at level 35 and beyond.
- Fixed an issue where the disbanding of a clan prompt directed the player to enter the clan’s name instead of using the provided code.
- Fixed an issue where the quest marker for searching the Records Room during the Answers in the Ashes quest wouldn’t disappear after advancing past the objective.
- Fixed an issue where the Blessed Mother Departed objective referenced the wrong name for the Echo of Hatred dungeon.
- Fixed an issue where two overlapping icons would display for Cormond’s Workbench in the Dry Steppes.
- Fixed an issue where progress notifications for untracked Whispers could repeatedly display the same update.
- Fixed an issue where mounted NPCs could appear to be riding an invisible horse. (GHOST HORSES?!?)
- Fixed an issue where Classes that can’t equip daggers could equip the Skeleton Key, the dagger rewarded for completing the Dead to Rights quest.
- Fixed an issue where progression could be blocked during the Jewel of the East quest in Co-Op Play.
- Fixed an issue where the Spirt of the Lost Grove Druid class quest could have its progression blocked if the player joined a Party after activating the last stone.
- Fixed an issue where Rogues could use Concealment to skip a phase of the Echo of Lilith encounter.
- Various performance and stability improvements across all platforms.
That’s it for today’s Diablo 4 1.1.3 patch notes for the update set to release on August 29, 2023. Be sure to get ready to download the update once it is launched!
Diablo 4 is available on PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S. To learn more about the game, check out how to equip the Wolf Pup in Diablo 4, or click the Diablo IV tag below to explore our entire content collection.