If you’re tired of jetting around on the Moon and flipping off the Vex in Destiny 2: Shadowkeep, now is as good a time as any to make sure that you’re rounding out your weapon collection. There are a ton of weapon with unusual, situational perks and the Rat King is a great example of something that gets way more fun when your whole squad is decked out with the same sick threads. Check out our Destiny 2 Rat King’s Crew guide for some tips on completing the Rat King weapon questline and picking up this co-op powerhouse.
Destiny 2 Rat King’s Crew Guide: How to Get the Item
If you’re not sure about how to actually get the Rat King’s Crew item to kick off the Rat King quest, you’re going to have to have fulfilled the following requirements in Destiny 2:
- Completed the quest Enemy of My Enemy
- Are at least Level 20
Those who have finished the Enemy of My Enemy quest (first acquired on Titan) will be able to then obtain the Rat King’s Crew item. Your choices when finishing the quest won’t affect whether or not you pick up the item, so just go with what your heart desires. Once you’ve got the item, you’re going to have to figure out a series of riddles.=
Destiny 2 Rat King’s Crew Guide: Rat King Riddles
The Rat King Riddles are actually quest objectives. Plenty of savvy Guardians would probably already have guessed this, but we just wanted to make it absolutely clear. Solve all of the Riddles by figuring out what you have to do, and you’ll be able to pick up the Rat King weapon. We’ve got the little brain twisters and their solutions noted down here:
- “The Rat King’s Crew runs to and fro, good girls and boys know where to go, pick up your toys and daron your socks, on errands of woe, on errands we walk” – Objective: finish 3 Patrol Missions in a Fireteam with at least one other Guardian
- “The Rat King’s Crew goes arm in arm, to fight as one, to do no harm, so have your fun and run outside, rally the flag and we’ll never die” – Objective: finish 2 Public Events in a Fireteam with at least one other Guardian
- “The Rat King’s Crew goes four and four, with good good fights they learn to score, then three as one they stand upright, return from past the wall and wanting more” – Objective: finish 2 Crucible matches in a Fireteam with at least one other Guardian
- “The Rat King’s Crew stands three as one, they see Night’s fall and fear it none, but watch the clock as you scale the wall, lest five remain hope comes for none” – Objective: finish the Nightfall strike with at least 5 minutes left on the clock
Once you’ve checked off all the above objectives and “solved” the pesky riddles that the item gives you, the Rat King’s crew will hand you the Rat King Exotic sidearm. Voila! Another weapon to add to your collection, and this one is good because it gets stronger for each person in your Fireteam that equips it. Nifty, yeah? Now that you’ve got our Destiny 2 Rat King’s Crew guide at hand, kitting out your squad should be easy. Need help with anything else? We have some tips on finding the Lunar rabbits that Shadowkeep has brought about.