So, this week’s patch notes for Destiny 2 doesn’t offer much beyond a few tweaks and a few wrinkles that have been ironed out. Here’s Destiny 2’s October 3 update, with full patch notes listed.
Destiny 2 Patch Notes: October 3 Update
There’s nothing particularly juicy in this update—just some minor adjustments and fixes. If you’re one of the very few who managed to conquer Crota’s End in the first 48 hours, you should now be in possession of the A Broken Throne emblem. Be sure to check the postbox in the Tower to claim it.
Otherwise, let’s dive right into the nitty-gritty details.
Spire of Savathûn
- Removed the mention to matchmaking in the Legend difficulty option.
EXOTIC MISSION ROTATOR
- Fixed an issue where players going through the teleporter early were not receiving rewards at activity completion.
RAIDS AND DUNGEONS
- Players who completed the Crota’s End Challenge mode during the first 48 hours have been granted the A Broken Throne emblem.
- Acquiring the emblem will complete the All For One and the Superior Swordplay Triumphs.
GAMEPLAY AND INVESTMENT
- Fixed an issue where Delicate Tomb was not receiving Unstoppable Round when this perk is active for Fusion Rifles.
- Weapon tuning for Checkmate only:
- Increased damage penalty on:
- Devil’s Ruin charged laser beam – 10% to 15%
- Fighting Lion – 0% to 20%
- Bows – 0% to 10%
- Reduced damage penalty on:
- Sidearms – 10% to 5%
- Submachine Guns – 5% to 0%
- Scout Rifles – 10% to 9%
- Increased bonus damage on:
- Auto Rifles – 0% to 2%
- Pulse Rifles – 0% to 5%
- Reduced bonus damage on:
- Hand Cannons – 10% to 7%
- Corrected an issue where Vex Mythoclast was benefiting from the bonus damage for Special Ammo Fusion Rifles.
- Banner of War
- Made some adjustments to visuals.
UI AND UX
- Added a tutorial on how to crush Hive ghosts to the Lucent Hive story mission from the Timeline Reflections quests.