The new Crisis Core remake/remaster is out, and many players are reminded of the old days when they enjoyed this Final Fantasy VII prequel on PSP or are getting acquainted with the adventures of Zack Fair for the first time. The Reunion version brought many improvements in terms of graphics and quality-of-life solutions to the game from 2008, making it much more playable today. However, all gameplay-related content remained the same – just like the 300 side missions.
As the original game was conceived as a title for a portable system, these additional short missions were ideal for short play sessions, say while riding the Japanese subway a couple of stops, while today in the remastered version for consoles and PC, they can be seen as a strange and unnecessary grind. Therefore, check out our guide below where we have selected some of the most important side missions that you should not miss in Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII Reunion.
Related: Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII Reunion Review | To Become A Hero
Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII Reunion All Essential Side Quest Missions
The following side missions shouldn’t be skipped, mostly because of the stuff you can unlock by completing them – be it by rewards for completion or by procuring them in the mission zone.
Essential Side Missions in Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII Reunion Chapter 2
- M8-1-1 Rematch with Ifrit – Unlocks Ifrit Summon Materia.
- M4-1-5 Stop the Intruders – Barrier Materia found in a Chest.
- M8-2-5 ATK Mako Stone – Poison Materia and Gravity Materia can be found in Material Room.
- M10-2-3 Master Tonberry – Rewards Tonberry’s Knife (Tonberry Summon)
Essential Side Missions in Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII Reunion Chapter 3
- M8-1-3 Clash with Genesis Troops – HP Up Materia unlocked as a reward.
- M10-1-3 Kactuar Found? – Cactus Thorn can be earned (Cactuar Summon)
- M8-1-4 Rematch with Bahamut – Unlocks Bahamut Summon Materia.
- M8-1-6 Mystery Materia – Unlocks Odin Summon Materia.
Essential Side Missions in Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII Reunion Chapter 4
- M8-4-1 Suspicious Mail 1 – Rewards the Chocobo Feather (Chocobo Summon)
- M8-4-3 Suspicious Mail 3 – Rewards Cait Sith’s Megaphone (Cait Sith Summon)
- M8-4-4 Suspicious Mail 4 – Rewards the Moogle’s Amulet (Moogle Summon)
Essential Side Missions in Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII Reunion Chapter 5
- M7-2-1 Search and Destroy – Unclocks the Fusion Tome, which grants you the ability to use Items in Materia Fusion.
- M7-2-2 Search and Destroy II – Rewards the Keychain (3rd Accessory slot unlock for Zack)
- M-7-2-5 Operation: Mako Reactor III – Rewards the Backpack (4th Accessory slot unlock for Zack)
- M6-2-1 Slum Development Plan 1 – Unlocks the Sector 8 Materia Shop (HP Up, MP Up, AP Up, Osmose, and Drain Materia)
- M6-2-3 Mako Excavation Site – Unlocks the Sector 5 Materia Shop (Poison and Silence Materia)
- M6-2-6 Underground City – Unlocks the Sector 6 Accessory Shop (Accessories for Materia Fusion)
- M4-3-6 Stop the Assailants – Unlocks the Happy Turtle shop (Fira, Regen, and Dash Materia)
- M4-2-6 The Five Saints of Wutai – Unlocks the Wutai Shop Secret Address (Advanced Spells Materia)
Those are all the essential side missions in Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII Reunion that you shouldn’t miss in your first playthrough before the endgame content. Have fun!
Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII Reunion is available now for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series S/X, PC, and Nintendo Switch, so you can finally play it without a PSP!
For more Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII Reunion here on Prima Games, check out FFVII Crisis Core: How Many Chapters Are There? – Answered, All Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII Reunion Characters Listed, and Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII Reunion Is An Amalgamation of Emotion.